Because you’re free to read this blog
- February 25th - I love daffodils - harbingers of spring, I... February 26, 2017
- February 25th - An unusual Saturday morning that saw me at work... February 26, 2017
- February 24th - The end of a very long, hard week. This week,... February 25, 2017
- dry-valleys: A garden inclosed is my sister, my spouse; a spring... February 24, 2017
- February 23rd - Back to brakes. This has really caught my... February 24, 2017
- February 23rd - Doris wasn’t messing about…Storm Doris... February 24, 2017
- February 22nd - Also in Kings Hill Park, I found this stripy... February 24, 2017
- February 22nd - It was a grim, wet morning commute and I wasn’t... February 24, 2017
- February 21st - Unfortunately, I forget my camera so just one... February 22, 2017
- February 20th - I passed through Wednesbury late, a town I often... February 21, 2017
- February 19th - There were other stars, too though. The cats are... February 21, 2017
- February 19th - It was a warm day with an insistent wind and... February 21, 2017
Top Posts & Pages
- Aldridge Firefighters deal with unsafe aerial in Walsall Wood
- Knitting and Nitty Nora: a wartime schooling in Brownhills
- Brownhills in black and white
- The Portman Collection - part four: Netball, and some outdoor studies
- Get stuck in the bog...
- Walsall Wood football: Reserves shine, first team still looking for victory
- In case you didn't know it, Brownhills has a great poet - and he has a book out now!
- The Portman Collection - part three: Final forms, and on with the sport
- Bogus callers operating locally - appeal from West Midlands Police
- Explosive stuff
- 4,055,344 hits
- 2014 2015 2016 Accident Aldridge appeal away Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chase Inn Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger crime Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict entertainment event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy free gig Good of the Wood home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield live music local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos Newtown Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Real Ale Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC West Midlands Police Wildlife
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- Wise O Notes
- South Coast Tour 2016
- Andrew's Kindred
- The Plastic Hippo
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Mikes WFC Players History
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
Tag Archives: Walsall
You may recall the unfortunate house fire in Wyre Close, Walsall Wood last December, and the subsequent appeal to folks who could maybe donate unwanted household items when the couple found a house again.
Continue reading →
Here’s one for people interested in the issues surrounding Brownhills Common – theres a meeting tonight, Monday 16th January 2017 of the Freinds of Brownhills Common group at the Environmental Depot, 200 Pelsall Road, Brownhills – WS8 7EN – please meet in the reception by 7:00pm.
Please keep a lookout if you will folks, for the above chap, Andrew Cooper who’s been missing from his home in Stourport since last Wednesday (4th January 2017) – Andrew is a gentleman from Walsall originally and many of his friends and people who used to work with him have asked me to post the appeal here.
Here’s one for people interested in the issues surrounding Brownhills Common – theres a meeting on Monday 16th January 2017 of the Freinds of Brownhills Common group at the Environmental Depot, 200 Pelsall Road, Brownhills – WS8 7EN – please meet in the reception by 7:00pm.
Yesterday, roving Walsall Wood current affairs correspondent Stephen Hill sent me the above collection of images and the following observations about what is currently happening at Oak Park.
There’s currently a serious fire occurring at the the derelict former Oak Park Recreation Centre in Walsall Wood.
Right, here’s the second half of the Brownhills Blog New Year Quiz 2017 – these questions are for those who can explore the area and have a nose around – the first set were released yesterday, and are for those who may be unable to explore or just prefer to research their answers online.
Continue reading →