Because you’re free to read this blog
- January 20th - I was home earlier, but didn’t escape the dark.... January 21, 2017
- January 20th - Then, as if by magic, the light appeared to save... January 21, 2017
- January 19th - Another late return, another dearth of decent... January 21, 2017
- Photo January 21, 2017
- January 19th - Spotted near thee canal in Darlaston on yet... January 19, 2017
- January 18th - A long, grey and damp day ended very, very late.... January 19, 2017
- January 17th - Coming back into Brownhills on a very wet, stodgy... January 18, 2017
- January 17th - I had an appointment at the hospital, and rode... January 18, 2017
- January 16th - As I neared the crest of Shire Oak hill, it was... January 17, 2017
- January 16th - A terrible, awful, wet commuting day. I got wet... January 17, 2017
- January 15th - Intrigued to note that the former Terrace... January 16, 2017
- January 15th - One of those horrible, headache-grey wet winter... January 16, 2017
Top Posts & Pages
- Adrian Wigley: Funeral details announced
- Sweet thing
- Adrian Wigley: From Sankeys Club to Blackpool North Pier
- Remember the man with the clipboard?
- Rest in peace Adrian Wigley
- Clayhanger New Year litter pick this morning!
- Oak Park Active Living Centre opens this week - find out more here
- The school of 64
- A mystery for the narrowboat folk
- Police looking for former Walsall man missing form Stourport
- 3,915,583 hits
- 2014 2015 2016 Accident Aldridge appeal away Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chase Inn Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger crime Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict entertainment event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy free gig Good of the Wood home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield live music local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos Newtown Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Real Ale Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC West Midlands Police Wildlife
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- South Coast Tour 2016
- Andrew's Kindred
- The Plastic Hippo
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Mikes WFC Players History
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
Tag Archives: Social media
Please keep a lookout if you will folks, for the above chap, Andrew Cooper who’s been missing from his home in Stourport since last Wednesday (4th January 2017) – Andrew is a gentleman from Walsall originally and many of his friends and people who used to work with him have asked me to post the appeal here.
Alex Turner from Walsall Wood (formerly Shire Oak) Saints Football Club – who are now partnered with Walsall Wood Football FC at Oak Park – has been in touch to ask readers if they’d take a little time out to register and cast votes for their bid for a slice of the Aviva Community Fund, to help improve the facilities for the club and for kids in Walsall Wood.
Friend of the blog, community activist and Clayhanger Kid himself, Brian Stringer has sent the above image of the members of Clayhanger Working Men’s Club around 1953, and is trying to identify as many people in the picture as he can.
Here’s one I’m sad to say I know very little about and had very short notice of, but there’s a junior football tournament ongoing to Shire Oak School this weekend (Saturday and Sunday 9-10th July 2016) involving Shire Oak Saints under the banner of Walsall Wood Football Club.
Continue reading →
The Walsall Wood Football Club season may be over, but preparations are gearing up for the 2016/17 season – none more so than the ladies teams who are appealing for junior players to start the new football year. Continue reading →
This is wonderful news for those concerned for the welfare of Aldridge resident Ruth Anne Smith, who went missing on Friday, 15th April 2016 – West Midlands Police this morning (Friday, 20th May 2016) announced that Ruth is safe and well, and has been located in Blackpool.
This very important appeal from West Midlands Police in Walsall has been renewed – they’re very concerned for the welfare of Aldridge resident Ruth Anne Smith, who has been missing since Friday, 15th April 2016.