Because you’re free to read this blog
- October 23rd - The pigs of Packington Moor are always... October 24, 2016
- October 23rd - For the final light Sunday evening of 2016, I... October 24, 2016
- October 22nd - Seeing my old friend, who’s still ill but better... October 23, 2016
- October 22nd - I’d been to see an old mate who’s not been so... October 23, 2016
- October 21st - A free afternoon in Birmingham was fun, rooting... October 23, 2016
- October 21st - Riding to work along the canal in Walsall in the... October 23, 2016
- October 20th - Spotted from the canal towpath as I zipped past,... October 21, 2016
- October 20th - Heading home along the canal through Pleck,... October 21, 2016
- October 19th - Although I use the bike cam constantly, I stopped... October 20, 2016
- October 19th - Ostensibly asleep, but wide awake and studiously... October 20, 2016
- October 19th - Darlaston is at it’s best in autumn, and with the... October 20, 2016
- October 18th - Another lovely golden hour, this time as I came... October 19, 2016
Top Posts & Pages
- Fire incident at the former Terrace Restaurant, Brownhills
- An uncommon flight over Chasewater and Brownhills
- A wish for the Wishing Well?
- Motorcyclist dies in Brownhills accident
- Walsall Wood Saints need your votes!
- Car smashes through garage in early morning Brownhills crash
- Car Crash on the A5, Brownhills Sunday morning - 1 hurt
- Flat fire in Walsall Wood yesterday evening
- Charles Henry Ruddock: A local Victorian in the Great War
- Was the investigation into the Grove Pit Disaster a whitewash?
- 3,590,767 hits
- 2014 2015 2016 Accident Aldridge appeal away Baker Bond Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal charity Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger crime Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy free freesheet Gazette Good of the Wood home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos newspaper Newtown Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @Iain_Coleman: @johnb78 @PrimlyStable @abstex Gatwick is a perfectly reasonable airport provided you are not sentimentally attached to y… 1 hour ago
- RT @JudgeDewie: It was probably the fact that I did it from the top diving board 1 hour ago
- RT @JudgeDewie: I once got ejected from the local pool for having a sneaky wee. twitter.com/qikipedia/stat… 1 hour ago
- RT @sturdyAlex: You know what'd REALLY show "UK plc is open for business"? Not making irrational, economically harmful decisions for poli… 1 hour ago
- RT @Dubdanu: .@Far_Right_Watch @WomenDefyUKIP @SLATUKIP #fashfight https://t.co/2HaHZDPS3z 1 hour ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- South Coast Tour 2016
- Andrew's Kindred
- The Plastic Hippo
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Mikes WFC Players History
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
Tag Archives: Social media
Alex Turner from Walsall Wood (formerly Shire Oak) Saints Football Club – who are now partnered with Walsall Wood Football FC at Oak Park – has been in touch to ask readers if they’d take a little time out to register and cast votes for their bid for a slice of the Aviva Community Fund, to help improve the facilities for the club and for kids in Walsall Wood.
Friend of the blog, community activist and Clayhanger Kid himself, Brian Stringer has sent the above image of the members of Clayhanger Working Men’s Club around 1953, and is trying to identify as many people in the picture as he can.
Here’s one I’m sad to say I know very little about and had very short notice of, but there’s a junior football tournament ongoing to Shire Oak School this weekend (Saturday and Sunday 9-10th July 2016) involving Shire Oak Saints under the banner of Walsall Wood Football Club.
Continue reading →
The Walsall Wood Football Club season may be over, but preparations are gearing up for the 2016/17 season – none more so than the ladies teams who are appealing for junior players to start the new football year. Continue reading →
This is wonderful news for those concerned for the welfare of Aldridge resident Ruth Anne Smith, who went missing on Friday, 15th April 2016 – West Midlands Police this morning (Friday, 20th May 2016) announced that Ruth is safe and well, and has been located in Blackpool.
This very important appeal from West Midlands Police in Walsall has been renewed – they’re very concerned for the welfare of Aldridge resident Ruth Anne Smith, who has been missing since Friday, 15th April 2016.
Just a quick heads up that this Saturday (rather than the usual Sunday…) (30th April 2016), there’s to be a Spring Fair at Chasewater – there will be craft stalls, food, art, amusements and all the usual type things there.