Top Posts & Pages
- #365daysifbiking A positive signal:January 19th - A belated trip...
- #365daysifbiking Orange delight:January 19th - Over at the dam,...
- #365daysifbikingHard surfaces:January 19th - A late run out for...
- #365daysifbiking Tentative:January 18th - Despite the cold,...
- #365daysifbiking IC:January 18th - A very cold, hazard-ridden...
- 5,791,525 hits
Recent tracksBrownhills Bob
288125 TracksThumb On the Scale
11 hoursRecovering Australia
11 hoursThe Enabler
11 hoursHeaven or Las Vegas
11 hoursDouble Jointed
12 hoursTouch Me With Your Love
12 hoursSugar Boy
Paul Bickerton on Walsall Wood’s lost beer house… Martin on On Parade once more! Alan Harrison on The Parade route BrownhillsBob on Masters of their craft Mandy willetts on Masters of their craft
Tag Archives: Ice Cream
Oh boy, is this a cracker – this wonderful enquiry came in yesterday from Derek Broadhurst, who’s found a very curious postcard which may shed light on the derivation of the name ‘Barracks Lane’, which is the road that funs from the A461 Lichfield Road at Sandhills, right over to the A5 Watling Street, east of Newtown.
A great spot here yesterday from top Walsall Wood Mon, history wonk and local author Clive Roberts, who’s been as intrigued over the years as I have by the history of Crestacre, the former ‘lost’ isolation hospital in Barracks Lane, Brownhills.
Readers will no doubt recall that one of my earliest obsessions on the blog four years ago was the ‘lost’ isolation hospital, owned by Brownhills Urban District Council, and marked on early maps in Barracks Lane, just atop Springhill, on the Brownhills/Ogley Hay border.