- July 14th - Another long ride in the afternoon up to the Cloud...
- July 14th - S sadly hastily snapped picture, but something I do...
- July 13th - I’m sad to see the huge horse chestnut trees on...
- July 13th - In Telford for the morning, I crossed the footbridge...
- July 12th - One indicator of an advancing summer I always have...
- 5,396,204 hits
Recent tracksBrownhills Bob
280776 TracksI Want You to Want Me
2 hoursMad World
2 hoursJeremiah Weed
3 hoursHeroes & Heroin
3 hoursOwen Down
Pedro on Ooh, Betty! BrownhillsDavidNotBo… on Ooh, Betty! Pedro on Ooh, Betty! Tony Thacker on Ooh, Betty! BrownhillsDavidNotBo… on The 1977 Silver Jubilee…
Tag Archives: dual carriageway
The post here last Sunday discussing the Newtown area of Brownhills certainly created some interest and raised a few more memories and discussions – and one particular aspect caught the eye of reader and long term friend of the blog Tony Winn.
I have here an excellent enquiry for a Sunday afternoon which I feel many readers will be very, very interested in – not least Andy Dennis, if he’s passing, but maybe others concerned with the Newtown area on the Watling Street, which has been the subject of so many past articles here on the blog.
I’ve had a bunch of film clips for a while, which were recorded in short sections and obtained by the young David Evans from Barbara, the daughter of Fred Shingler who ran the Park View Methodist Chapel, which used to be on the Watling Street, just on the corner of Chapel Avenue.