It’s about time the children of the past got a look-in with the old pictures feature, so this is for them; the kids who, in whichever decade, played knock and scarper, fell in the cut or played cowboys and indians on the common. The characters who made dens, hung out in the precinct, wagged off school and sat looking miserable on the Witches Hat. They may have gone to Walsall Wood Youth Club, The Annexe or the Friday Disco at the Memo. They perhaps hung around at the Galleon, played the fool up the batters or skulked near the pavilion on Oak Park. Whatever age they came from, they knew all the same places we did, and still do. Here’s to the scallies, ragamuffins and little monkeys we all know and love.
- #365daysofbiking Welcome to The Suck:September 20th - It started...
- #365daysofbiking Humongous:September 19th - A real find on the...
- #365daysofbiking Portal:September 18th - Still surviving and...
- #365daysofbiking Sparser:September 18th - The flowers are...
- #365daysofbiking A bitter pear:September 17th - The pear tree in...
- 5,534,926 hits
Recent tracksBrownhills Bob
283745 TracksNude's Return (The Last Farewell)
now playing...Nude's Return (The Last Farewell)
1 minThe Birthday Cake (The Last Farewell)
5 minsThe Homecoming
15 minsPlease Come Home
17 minsPomp & Circumstance
19 minsChanging Places
BrownhillsBob on Top Tipton Isobel Dams on Some mothers did have them… Some mothers did hav… on A lesson in local history David Evans on Woodmen fight Coventry United… Woodmen fight Covent… on Walsall Wood face Coventry Sph…