It’s about time the children of the past got a look-in with the old pictures feature, so this is for them; the kids who, in whichever decade, played knock and scarper, fell in the cut or played cowboys and indians on the common. The characters who made dens, hung out in the precinct, wagged off school and sat looking miserable on the Witches Hat. They may have gone to Walsall Wood Youth Club, The Annexe or the Friday Disco at the Memo. They perhaps hung around at the Galleon, played the fool up the batters or skulked near the pavilion on Oak Park. Whatever age they came from, they knew all the same places we did, and still do. Here’s to the scallies, ragamuffins and little monkeys we all know and love.
- yesterdaysprint: The Berkshire Eagle, Pittsfield, Massachusetts,...
- #365daysofbiking Hard work:November 9th - Heavy rain to and from...
- #365daysofbiking The last obstacle”November 8th - Returning from...
- #365daysofbiking Lifted:November 8th - Heading to work on a...
- #365daysofbiking Bitter gourds:November 7th - One of the odder...
- 5,655,776 hits
Recent tracksBrownhills Bob
285778 TracksDouble Jointed
2 daysKeep Drawing Suns
2 daysIn Memory of Honey
2 daysTracing New Maps
2 daysRecovering Australia
2 daysThe Enabler
2 daysHeaven or Las Vegas
2 daysDouble Jointed
Bogus callers: Pleas… on Elderly Brownhills couple mena… Molly Lloyd on Walsall Wood Remembrance Sunda… Lichfield Waterworks… on I fought the lore Lichfield Waterworks… on Gathering steam Wendy White on You ancestors role in the Grea…