It’s about time the children of the past got a look-in with the old pictures feature, so this is for them; the kids who, in whichever decade, played knock and scarper, fell in the cut or played cowboys and indians on the common. The characters who made dens, hung out in the precinct, wagged off school and sat looking miserable on the Witches Hat. They may have gone to Walsall Wood Youth Club, The Annexe or the Friday Disco at the Memo. They perhaps hung around at the Galleon, played the fool up the batters or skulked near the pavilion on Oak Park. Whatever age they came from, they knew all the same places we did, and still do. Here’s to the scallies, ragamuffins and little monkeys we all know and love.
Top Posts & Pages
- #365daysifbiking A positive signal:January 19th - A belated trip...
- #365daysifbiking Orange delight:January 19th - Over at the dam,...
- #365daysifbikingHard surfaces:January 19th - A late run out for...
- #365daysifbiking Tentative:January 18th - Despite the cold,...
- #365daysifbiking IC:January 18th - A very cold, hazard-ridden...
- 5,792,255 hits
Recent tracksBrownhills Bob
3 minsOld And Wise
The Alan Parsons Project
9 minsHocus Pocus
14 minsFriend Of Mine
Barclay James Harvest
19 minsThirty Years
25 minsNuclear Burn
33 minsIt Can Happen
38 minsJekyll and Hyde
44 minsThe Whistler - Steven Wilson Stereo Remix
48 minsDavy's on the Road Again
Manfred Mann's Earth Band
Paul Bickerton on Walsall Wood’s lost beer house… Martin on On Parade once more! Alan Harrison on The Parade route BrownhillsBob on Masters of their craft Mandy willetts on Masters of their craft