Because you’re free to read this blog
- February 28th - in the swamp at the end of Victoria Park in... March 1, 2017
- February 28th - After some grim weather over the last few days,... March 1, 2017
- February 27th - When I was a youth, exploring the local lanes... February 27, 2017
- February 27th - Another wolfish day, but with a softer wind. A... February 27, 2017
- February 26th - The water level at Chasewater is lower than I’ve... February 27, 2017
- February 26th - Another blustery, wet day and although I had... February 27, 2017
- February 25th - I love daffodils - harbingers of spring, I... February 26, 2017
- February 25th - An unusual Saturday morning that saw me at work... February 26, 2017
- February 24th - The end of a very long, hard week. This week,... February 25, 2017
- dry-valleys: A garden inclosed is my sister, my spouse; a spring... February 24, 2017
- February 23rd - Back to brakes. This has really caught my... February 24, 2017
- February 23rd - Doris wasn’t messing about…Storm Doris... February 24, 2017
Top Posts & Pages
- Watling Street School - 125 Year Anniversary Book available for download!
- Going Back
- Get tunnel vision and help with a great local history preservation project!
- Fancy a run tonight?
- Get with the programme: Shire Oak School opening day 1967
- In case you didn't know it, Brownhills has a great poet - and he has a book out now!
- The Portman Collection - part four: Netball, and some outdoor studies
- The school of 62
- What's this stuff about, then?
- The school of 64
- 4,059,990 hits
- 2014 2015 2016 Accident Aldridge appeal away Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal charity Chase Inn Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger crime Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict entertainment event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy free gig Good of the Wood home Lichfield live music local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos Newtown Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Real Ale Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC West Midlands Police Wildlife
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- Wise O Notes
- South Coast Tour 2016
- Andrew's Kindred
- The Plastic Hippo
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Mikes WFC Players History
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
Tag Archives: Sandhills
I’m pleased to note that after posting about Ray Johnston’s misdelivered Christmas card conundrum at the weekend that the intended recipient – who actually was on Chester Road at Shire Oak – has been located thanks to the efforts of readers and other on social media.
You may recall a couple of years ago that the operator of the former Shire Oak Quarry site, JPE, was mooting the proposal to extend the site they’re currently landfilling at Shire Oak, to extract virgin material pusihing back restoration of the site for some years.
Thanks to reader Stephen Hill, I can share the news that there’s been a road traffic collision at what appears to be the junction between the A461 Lichfield Road and Barracks/Cartersfield Lane at Sandhills , between Shire Oak and Muckley Corner.
Continue reading →
Yesterday afternoon (Saturday, 24th October 2015), there was a serious accident on the A461 Lichfield Road, Sandhills, north east of Shire Oak – I believe the incident to have been around the Cartersfield Lane junction.
Continue reading →
Continuing the scans of the Brownhills Gazette – I present issue 32 of the long lost freesheet, from May 1992 for you to peruse and download. I’ve had an incredible response to featuring these long, lost publications here on the blog.
Continue reading →
Continuing the scans of the Brownhills Gazette – I present issue 30 of the long lost freesheet, from March 1992 for you to peruse and download. I’ve had an incredible response to featuring these long, lost publications here on the blog.