Because you’re free to read this blog
- July 24th - Despite the change in the weather, the feline... July 25, 2017
- July 24th - It seems the Walsall stenciller is at it again.Since... July 25, 2017
- July 23rd - I returned in steady rain, from the old cement works... July 24, 2017
- July 23rd - A somnambulant, headache-grey day followed a night... July 24, 2017
- July 22nd - The rain was insistent, but warm and pleasant, too.... July 24, 2017
- July 22nd - I managed to slip out late afternoon, intending to... July 24, 2017
- July 21st - At Birchills on the Walsall Canal, an odd one.... July 22, 2017
- July 21st - I was stuck behind a very slow-moving car in The... July 22, 2017
- July 20th - Sad to see something seems to have happened to the... July 21, 2017
- June 19th - Spotted in appallingly bad light way off near the... July 20, 2017
- June 19th - Last week I noted in passing that we were between... July 20, 2017
- July 18th - On the canal near the Black Cock Bridge, there’s... July 19, 2017
Top Posts & Pages
- Brownhills Carnival remembered: Tower Hill return please, and a single for the wife
- Woodmen nick Pics glory
- Practise made perfect
- Tom's Cabin: from thatches to rugs!
- Terrace World Buffet - new Brownhills restaurant opening this Saturday!
- Carnival Mardi Gras: Brownhills Style!
- Consigned to myth no more!
- 4,489,952 hits
- 2014 2015 2016 2017 Accident Aldridge appeal away Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chase Inn Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger crime Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict entertainment event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy free gig Good of the Wood home Lichfield live music local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos Newtown Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Real Ale Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC West Midlands Police Wildlife
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- Wise O Notes
- South Coast Tour 2016
- Andrew's Kindred
- The Plastic Hippo
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Mikes WFC Players History
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
Tag Archives: Brownhills Big Tidy Up
I’d like to say a big thank you on behalf of Brownhills if I may, to those people who worked so very hard on the Brownhills in Bloom competition entry this year: to all those who helped, planted and laboured, and to human dynamo Diane Mansell from Walsall Council, praise is due, for Brownhills and Aldridge both won gold awards.
I’d like to wish all the very best of luck to the hard working volunteers and community minded folk who’ve worked with Brownhills Town Centre Partnership on this year’s Brownhills in Bloom bird, which is judged this afternoon (Wednesday, 27th July 2016).
Once more, Diane Mansell from Brownhills Town Centre Partnership has been in touch, and asked me to ask if I’d put out a plea for gardeners,volunteer groups or anyone else who can help the Brownhills in Bloom team remove some problematic shrubs in town.
Once more, Diane Mansell from Brownhills Town Centre Partnership has been in touch, and asked me to point out that volunteers are needed for another planting event to prepare the remaining planters for the Brownhills Britain in Bloom entry this coming Monday 27th June 2016.
Just a shoutout here to the volunteers and community mind folk of Brownhills Town Centre Partnership who yesterday, despite some pretty horrid weather, went out planting flowers in the tubs and planters in town and once again did Brownhills proud.
The wonderful Diane Mansell from Brownhills Town Centre Partnership has been in touch, and asked me to see if anyone fancies helping out with the Brownhills Britain in Bloom competition entry from our town today (Monday 13th June 2016).
So sorry to announce this, but I’ve just been informed by the organisers that the planting event scheduled for tomorrow, 2nd June 2016 by Brownhills Town Centre Partnership has had to be deferred until Monday 13th June due to late arrival of the plants – sadly, this is affecting several towns in the borough and is unavoidable.
Continue reading →