Because you’re free to read this blog
- July 24th - Despite the change in the weather, the feline... July 25, 2017
- July 24th - It seems the Walsall stenciller is at it again.Since... July 25, 2017
- July 23rd - I returned in steady rain, from the old cement works... July 24, 2017
- July 23rd - A somnambulant, headache-grey day followed a night... July 24, 2017
- July 22nd - The rain was insistent, but warm and pleasant, too.... July 24, 2017
- July 22nd - I managed to slip out late afternoon, intending to... July 24, 2017
- July 21st - At Birchills on the Walsall Canal, an odd one.... July 22, 2017
- July 21st - I was stuck behind a very slow-moving car in The... July 22, 2017
- July 20th - Sad to see something seems to have happened to the... July 21, 2017
- June 19th - Spotted in appallingly bad light way off near the... July 20, 2017
- June 19th - Last week I noted in passing that we were between... July 20, 2017
- July 18th - On the canal near the Black Cock Bridge, there’s... July 19, 2017
Top Posts & Pages
- Brownhills Carnival remembered: Tower Hill return please, and a single for the wife
- Woodmen nick Pics glory
- Practise made perfect
- Tom's Cabin: from thatches to rugs!
- Terrace World Buffet - new Brownhills restaurant opening this Saturday!
- Carnival Mardi Gras: Brownhills Style!
- Consigned to myth no more!
- 4,489,952 hits
- 2014 2015 2016 2017 Accident Aldridge appeal away Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chase Inn Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger crime Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict entertainment event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy free gig Good of the Wood home Lichfield live music local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos Newtown Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Real Ale Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC West Midlands Police Wildlife
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- Wise O Notes
- South Coast Tour 2016
- Andrew's Kindred
- The Plastic Hippo
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Mikes WFC Players History
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
Tag Archives: Walsall Wood Colliery
In my last article, I pointed out that I’d received extra information on a couple of posts over the weekend – both on the Anglesey/sea question, and also on the Mine Rescue Team image shared by John Sale and Bill Mayo.
The great Bill Mayo, local historian and photo collector, has recently been digging in his files and found a few mystery images, like the one above of a local mines rescue team.
Further to the great material sent in by Marion Jones, relating to the lost pumping station on The Spot at Clayhanger, she also sent me some interesting photos of the gardens of the Jones House in Clayhanger in the 1920s. Continue reading
Today, I’ve mostly been trawling the paper mapping record for Clayhanger, in order to throw a little more light on the issues it faced in the post war years – debate about subsidence and flooding and the subsequent land restoration that occurred has been ongoing, and this is a really interesting bit of local history for me.