Subscribe to Blog via Email
Top Posts & Pages
- #365daysofbiking Greetings from the side street
- #365daysofbiking Defying gravity
- #365daysofbiking Lighting up time
- #365daysofbiking Overdrawn at the Banksy
- #365daysofbiking Beauty in store
- #365daysofbiking Break the heart of Iron Man
- #365daysofbiking Light less
- #365daysofbiking What a difference a snow day makes
- 6,864,511 hits
Recent tracksBrownhills Bob
298112 TracksFatal Shore
9 hoursHigh Hopes
9 hoursThe Meetings Of The Waters
9 hoursHi-Lo and Inbetween
9 hoursStay Dizzy
9 hoursBehind the Barn
9 hoursBlown a Wish
Sue Harris on Gerald Reece’s Chasewate… Mac Jeffries on The Station currently departin… Anthony on A corner of Bloxwich remembere… JOHN BARLOW on A corner of Bloxwich remembere… Philip roe on Gerald Reece’s Chasewate…
Tag Archives: Council House
I must admit, the somewhat vexed question of the Council House Clock had slipped my mind – that is, until reader, local history wonk and friend of the blog Andy Dennis wrote to me yesterday.
I’m pleased to say that The Clayhanger Kid – Brian Stringer – has been in touch with some interesting news.
We all know the three-faced liar in Brownhills. The Council House Clock – stopped, restored, restarted, stopped, restored, restarted. I lie in bed on warm summer nights and hear it chime the hour over a sleeping, somnambulant town, usually incorrectly. It’s a thing of pride, embarrassment and hilarity in the community.