Top Posts & Pages
- #365daysifbiking Go with the flow:January 13th - For some reason...
- #365daysifbiking A surprise in the dark:January 13th - A windy...
- #365daysifbiking Under the surface:January 12th - Crossing...
- #365daysifbiking Vanishing points:January 12th - In Lichfield on...
- #365daysifbiking On the rebound:January 11th - I’ve had a winter...
- 5,778,102 hits
Recent tracksBrownhills Bob
287649 TracksElectric Counterpoint: III. Fast
15 hoursElectric Counterpoint: II. Slow
15 hoursElectric Counterpoint: I. Fast
15 hoursShoulder the blame
15 hoursNo Substitute
15 hoursGather Me Up
Mad Old Baggage on Tree cheers for Back the Track… Tree cheers for Back… on The McClean Way: A beautiful n… len Boulton on A return to the crease –… Jon Whitehouse on A return to the crease –… dave dunkley on A return to the crease –…
Tag Archives: Ogley Square
This week, we’ve got the follow up article regarding Ogley Square from the Lichfield Mercury of Friday, 8th February 1935 – this is a great summation of what’s happened, and also points out that Brownhills was one of the first towns to act on slum clearance legislation. Continue reading
Just a quicky. Here’s an 1883 Ordnance Survey map of the northern half of Brownhills. I dug it out particularly for the lady – Vicki Brosch – who recently asked where Ogley Square was. It can be seen approximately a third of the way across the map from the right, just up from the bottom.