- #365daysofbiking Here I stand:November 6th - One thing I forgot...
- #365daysofbiking Darker now:November 6th - Today was another day...
- #365daysofbiking Homeward bound:November 5th - I’d been in...
- #365daysofbiking Darker now:November 4th - My heart is broken. A...
- #365daysofbiking Where the night is lighter:November 3rd...
- 5,652,716 hits
Recent tracksBrownhills Bob
285778 TracksDouble Jointed
52 minsKeep Drawing Suns
1 hourIn Memory of Honey
1 hourTracing New Maps
1 hourRecovering Australia
2 hoursThe Enabler
2 hoursHeaven or Las Vegas
2 hoursDouble Jointed
Lichfield Waterworks… on I fought the lore Lichfield Waterworks… on Gathering steam Wendy White on You ancestors role in the Grea… ANN on Gainful employment iBDWR 😎 on Hundreds of years of immense b…
Tag Archives: Ogley Square
This week, we’ve got the follow up article regarding Ogley Square from the Lichfield Mercury of Friday, 8th February 1935 – this is a great summation of what’s happened, and also points out that Brownhills was one of the first towns to act on slum clearance legislation. Continue reading
Just a quicky. Here’s an 1883 Ordnance Survey map of the northern half of Brownhills. I dug it out particularly for the lady – Vicki Brosch – who recently asked where Ogley Square was. It can be seen approximately a third of the way across the map from the right, just up from the bottom.