Top Posts & Pages
- #365daysifbiking Gaining fast:January 16th - Although, on the...
- #365daysifbiking Downhill carefully:January 16th - I was tired,...
- #365daysifbiking Glow now:January 15th - Long exposure photos...
- #365daysifbiking Bridge to my heart:January 14th - And on my...
- #365daysifbiking On the Spot:January 14th - Painfully early...
- 5,780,704 hits
Recent tracksBrownhills Bob
287812 TracksStay In The Shade
6 hoursAll You Deliver
6 hoursDeadweight On Velveteen
6 hoursSlow Moves
6 hoursThe Nest
Derek Wright on A return to the crease –… len Boulton on A return to the crease –… Dave Dunkley on A return to the crease –… len Boulton on A return to the crease –… Derek Wright on A return to the crease –…
Tag Archives: 1964
Following Janet Bullock’s wonderful photo posted here in the last few weeks there has been a terrific response to the Ogley Hay May Day them, with a further image of the same event being Kindly donated by Kate Dixon, and her mum May Queen Linda Horobin – now we have a further great image sent in by Sheila Kelly of May Day the following year.
Following Janet Bullock’s wonderful photo posted here a few days ago – which turns out indeed to be the May Queen celebrations at Ogley Ha Infants School in Brownhills – there was much discussion here and on social media about this traditional event, and reader Kate Dixon turned up local history gold.
Reader Janet has sent me an absolutely gorgeous school photo from the early 1960s at Ogley Hay infants in Brownhills – from the activity and dress depicted, I think this may be a May Day celebration which I believe was customary at the school at the time?