Because you’re free to read this blog
- November 23rd - I mentioned this earlier in the week, but it’s... November 24, 2017
- November 23rd - telford, early. After a stressful train journey... November 24, 2017
- dry-valleys: Sybil of months, and worshipper of winds,I love... November 24, 2017
- dry-valleys: “This clearing by the old Roman road will do,dusk... November 24, 2017
- November 22nd - Coming through New Street Station at night, rush... November 23, 2017
- November 21st - In a familiar bike shed at a client’s premises,... November 21, 2017
- November 21st - On the streets of Birmingham, the autumn leaves... November 21, 2017
- November 20th - I’ve seen herons do many odd things in my time... November 20, 2017
- November 20th - The last shreds of daylight, heading between... November 20, 2017
- November 20th - One of the joys of winter is riding in the... November 20, 2017
- November 19th - A late run out on an errand to Cannock Chase saw... November 20, 2017
- November 18th - A day of spannering bikes and a hurried test... November 20, 2017
Top Posts & Pages
- Lifting the veil on an old Brownhills emporium
- Dog now reunited with owner - thanks all
- Christmas stories and crafts for kids at the library this Saturday!
- Gapping the bridge
- Warning: sudden rash of vehicle theft and burglary over the weekend
- Terrace World Buffet - new Brownhills restaurant opening this Saturday!
- Don't grumble - just whistle! Brownhills gains a great new micropub
- A quick Jiggers Whistle - and it's open!
- Something brewing
- What's this stuff about, then?
- 4,839,484 hits
- Bill Shaw
- Brownhills local history
- Chase Inn
- Chasewater Dam
- Chasewater Wildlife Group
- Cheap tat
- Cycle rides
- David Evans
- Express & Star
- Good of the Wood
- live music
- local blogs
- Local History
- Local politics
- match review
- Mike Bird
- New Photos
- Oak Park
- Old maps
- Real Ale
- Shire Oak
- Things to do
- Walsall Council
- Walsall politics
- Walsall Wood
- Walsall WOod FC
- West Midlands
- West Midlands Police
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- Wise O Notes
- South Coast Tour 2016
- Andrew's Kindred
- The Plastic Hippo
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Mikes WFC Players History
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
Tag Archives: win
Yesterday (Saturday 11th November 2017) Walsall Wood F.C. entertained Fenlanders Holbeach United, and after some great football, Wood emerged once again the decisive victors with an impressive 5-0 scoreline – and a report from last weeks Pelsall Villa – Montpelier match.
Atherstone Town visited Oak Park on Saturday (21st October 2017) for a tense encounter that resulted in the home side snatching a win.
Down at Oak Park on Saturday afternoon, the Woodmen’s generally upwards trajectory continued unhindered by their unceremonious ejection from the FA Cup the week before, this time by trouncing visiting Atherstone.
We’re now at the very beginnings of the 2017/18 season and the friendlies well underway, I’m happy to see Bill Shaw hasn’t thrown away his match day pencil and has been kind enough to send in.a writeup of the Wood away match yesterday, in which the boys from Oak Park beat Rushall Olympic 2-1 at Dales Lane.
Continue reading →
Last Tuesday evening, 11th April 2017 Walsall Wood FC entertained Rocester at Oak Park, and the Woodmen bagged a very respectable win, leaving the Romans in disarray.
Walsall Wood FC entertained Long Eaton United yesterday afternoon (Saturday, 8th April 2017), and the Woodmen were clearly getting back to form, beating the visitors in a great match.
The faith of the faithful at Oak Park is being severely tested at the moment as the Woodmen seem to be enduring a losing streak, this time to long-term combatants The Mikes yesterday afternoon (Saturday 21st January 2017).