Because you’re free to read this blog
- October 2nd - The return from Derby was long and leisurely. Lots... October 4, 2015
- October 2nd - As well as Leicester, there will always be a place... October 4, 2015
- October 2nd - The run from Leicester to Derby is lovely, and... October 4, 2015
- October 2nd - I felt this was probably going to be the last good... October 4, 2015
- October 1st - Nice to see the cotoneaster going bright... October 2, 2015
- October 1st - Although the wonderful Indian summer continues,... October 2, 2015
- September 30th - Sadly, my morning photos came out terrible... September 30, 2015
- September 29th - But still, there’s colour. There aren’t many... September 30, 2015
- September 29th - Jockey Meadows and the surrounding farmland are... September 30, 2015
- September 28th - Nipping from Stonnall over to Walsall Wood on... September 29, 2015
- September 28th - Quite a find for me, and only the second time... September 29, 2015
- September 27th - On the canal near Newtown, Brownhills,... September 29, 2015
Top Posts & Pages
- House fire in Vernon Avenue last night
- Van break-in in Shire Oak - be on the lookout, please
- Train spotted
- The people in charge - in 1934
- Harden not so fast, sunshine!
- Narrow gauge minded
- A really good night in for Macmillan - at King Street Club this Monday!
- A true friend of Walsall
- April 1990 - Threat to close down classrooms
- Withdrawal of 56 bus service: Latest news, and please sign the petition!
- 2,641,446 hits
- 2014 2015 Accident Aldridge appeal away Baker Bond Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger crime Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy freesheet Gazette Good of the Wood history home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos newspaper Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Tesco Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall Police Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC Watling Street West Midlands Police Wildlife
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Chasewater Strollers October 5, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, United Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://brownhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterstrollers
- Chasewater Strollers October 12, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, United Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://brownhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterstrollers
- Chasewater Strollers October 19, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, United Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://brownhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterstrollers
Category Archives: Local Blogs
For a few weeks now, I’ve been featuring images here from an archive I haven’t named, but is remarkable – not just for the content, but for the quirkiness and inaccuracy of some of the content.
Sad to report another vehicle break in in Shire Oak – this time at the Quantock Close end of Commonside, in which tools and a laptop were stolen from a van on the night of Friday 2nd/Saturday 3rd October 2015.
It is with great sadness that I share with readers the passing of a true friend, not just of the blog, but of our borough – Roger ‘Ziksby’ Jones, who passed away as Aldridge Court Nursing Home on Friday 25th September 2015, after suffering Motor Neurones Disease for some time.
I note that Chasewater Railway volunteer, local blogger and top chap John Daft has issued an appeal on the railway museum blog to call for donations or copies of any press cuttings or pictures relating to the project that the public may have in their possession.
The controversy over the withdrawal of the Diamond Buses 56 service from Brownhills to Walsall refuses to die down, and there’s now an online petition you can sign in support of the service and Councillor Steve Wade’s efforts to save it.
Just a note to point out that Community Partnerships Officer Kevin Pitt from Walsall Police has warned there have been a couple of incidents of vehicle break-ins in Shire Oak during the early hours of Thursday, 24th September 2015.
Sandfields Pumping Station champion and public historian extraordinaire Dave Moore has been in touch to let me know that this Thursday evening (Thursday 24th September 2015) there will be a public progress meeting for the Lichfield Waterworks Trust charity, formerly the Friends of Sandfields Pumping Station group.
Continue reading →