It’s a sad fact that Brownhills was known for a decade or so for the grimness of some of it’s social housing. Host to four towerblocks and lots of tenement maisonettes, hastily and badly built using the Wimpey system technique, only Humphries House and Severn House remain. For my pictures from the past this week, I thought I’d feature some of the distinctive architecture that for so long defined the skyline of our town.
Top Posts & Pages
- #365daysofbiking That sinking feeling:December 13th - Struggling...
- #365daysofbiking The Crossing:December 13th - A bright, glass...
- #365daysofbiking Rolling downhill:December 12th - On such a...
- #365daysofbking Into the mystic:December 12th - Out and about on...
- #365daysofbiking Solid air:December 11th - Heading back to work...
- 5,720,676 hits
Recent tracksBrownhills Bob
286023 TracksCuckoo Waltz
4 hoursJust Turn for Home
4 hoursMoss and Yew
5 hoursThe Green Line
5 hoursI Can See The Sea From Here
5 hoursOn Ditchling Beacon
5 hoursA Lychgate
5 hoursHop Pickers
John Hall on Remembering the Telstars: Rock… Kev on Tyred out – huge thanks… A party this Friday… on Remembering Janey andyropes7 on Tyred out – huge thanks… Janet Davies on Tyred out – huge thanks…