It’s a sad fact that Brownhills was known for a decade or so for the grimness of some of it’s social housing. Host to four towerblocks and lots of tenement maisonettes, hastily and badly built using the Wimpey system technique, only Humphries House and Severn House remain. For my pictures from the past this week, I thought I’d feature some of the distinctive architecture that for so long defined the skyline of our town.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Top Posts & Pages
- Pictures from the 2019 Brownhills BCNS Canalside Festival
- The Brownhills Canalside Festival 2019 runs all weekend!
- Police issue statement following car and bus collision in Walsall Wood
- Local work vehicle key thefts ongoing: Beware, folks
- The Brownhills Canalside Festival is reborn in 2019 - would you like a stall?
- 6,009,714 hits
Recent tracksBrownhills Bob
294092 TracksThe Sleepy Strange
16 hoursSoft N Ez
16 hoursVanishing Point
16 hoursThis Year's Beat
17 hoursDisconnect the Cables
17 hoursThe Waiting
17 hoursVinyl Fever
17 hoursThe Sleepy Strange
17 hoursSoft N Ez
17 hoursVanishing Point
David Evans on Pictures from the 2019 Brownhi… Pictures from the 20… on The Brownhills Canalside Festi… The Brownhills Canal… on A remarkable local rail journe… Only humanist… on Explosive stuff Clayhanger Summer Li… on Clayhanger spring clean…