Because you’re free to read this blog
- May 23rd - I’m glad to say the sun and warm weather over the... May 23, 2017
- May 23rd - With warmer weather, during the warm hours, the urban... May 23, 2017
- May 22nd - A long time since I featured Jockey Meadows here -... May 23, 2017
- May 23rd - Spotted in Walsall late this afternoon, parked up... May 23, 2017
- May 21st - Also out in abundance was the sallow, which is... May 22, 2017
- May 21st - A much nicer day with warm sun and gentle southerly... May 22, 2017
- May 20th - I popped out for a short run on shopping errands to... May 21, 2017
- May 19th - Much of the journey was an errand in Digbeth. I... May 20, 2017
- May 19th - A gentle afternoon amble into Birmingham along the... May 20, 2017
- May 18th - Another beautiful blossom that’s rarely looked at... May 19, 2017
- May18th - Arriving at work today on a sunny, bright but nippy... May 19, 2017
- May 17th - The rowan is blossoming at the moment, and I always... May 17, 2017
Top Posts & Pages
- Urgent - Millie the dog stolen from Brownhills West - can you help?
- The Metz office?
- Terrace World Buffet - new Brownhills restaurant opening this Saturday!
- Former Terrace Restaurant to become World Buffet - confirmed!
- New Hall Mill open day this Bank Holiday Monday - could you be a Friend of the Mill?
- Brownhills: a brave new world in colour
- The Portman Collection - part ten: The appliance of science
- Non stop collision in Walsall Wood: Police appeal for help
- Claridges - a great local company, but do you remember Percy?
- The Portman Collection - part seven: A stitch in time, and a switch to indoors
- 4,281,236 hits
- 2014 2015 2016 2017 Accident Aldridge appeal away Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chase Inn Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger crime Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict entertainment event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy free gig Good of the Wood home Lichfield live music local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos Newtown Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Real Ale Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC West Midlands Police Wildlife
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- Wise O Notes
- South Coast Tour 2016
- Andrew's Kindred
- The Plastic Hippo
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Mikes WFC Players History
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
Tag Archives: Save
You’ll all know that this blog is all about community and the things that bring us all together – and I’m happy to share this appeal from Clayhanger Community Centre who need some help to fix their roof.
You’ll all know that this blog is all about community and the things that bring us all together – be it a bit of current affairs, history, discussion or appeals for help: well, Clayhanger Community Centre needs our help if it is to survive.
Continue reading →
Things seem to be going a bit awry at Walsall Council of late.
I notice from a report in yesterday’s Walsall Express & Star that park rangers in Walsall will be cut in April 2013 from 23 to 10 posts. This is despite a theoretically ongoing ‘budget consultation’, and totally contrary to statements made to Linda Mason and Roger Jones, of Save Walsall’s Green Spaces and Countryside Services, by Walsall Council officers Jamie Morris and Mark Holden.
In all the debate about the greenspace in Walsall, and the approach of our civic leaders towards this valuable asset, one comment made by a reader here stuck in many minds. I personally found it jarring, and somewhat misguided.
The post was Spirit of the Greenwood, and the comment went as follows:
Following the protest on Monday, 19th November outside the Council House in Walsall, lead members of the Save Walsall’s Greenspace and Country Services Group, Linda Mason and Roger Jones attended a meeting with Walsall Council officers Jamie Morris and Mark Holden.
Nice to see a good turnout last night for the Save Walsall’s Green Spaces and Countryside Services Group protest vigil at the Council House, where a meeting of the Council was taking place. Following publicity throughout the Walsall online community, and much hard work on the part of concerned protestors, it’s becoming clear that the message is getting through to our elected representatives.
Continue reading →
There’s a great post up now on the blog of the campaign to Save Walsalls Green Spaces and Countryside Services. This is the subject I’ve been banging on about so much recently.
Written by Roger ‘Ziksby’ Jones, and featuring his artwork, the post is a wonderful expression of the aims and urgency of the group.
Continue reading →