Because you’re free to read this blog
- October 26th - The gorgeous and remarkable sunsets also... October 27, 2016
- October 26th - I had to nip to Telford in the afternoon, and... October 27, 2016
- October 25th - Passing New Barns Farm at Footherley, I stopped... October 25, 2016
- October 25th - I’d been to Droitwich to see a customer and get... October 25, 2016
- October 24th - Something out of the ordinary picked up by the... October 25, 2016
- October 24th - Passing Jockey Meadows on the way home, the clean... October 25, 2016
- October 24th - All of a sudden, Autumn has exploded into vibrant... October 25, 2016
- October 23rd - The pigs of Packington Moor are always... October 24, 2016
- October 23rd - For the final light Sunday evening of 2016, I... October 24, 2016
- October 22nd - Seeing my old friend, who’s still ill but better... October 23, 2016
- October 22nd - I’d been to see an old mate who’s not been so... October 23, 2016
- October 21st - A free afternoon in Birmingham was fun, rooting... October 23, 2016
Top Posts & Pages
- A Ferrie on the cut - but who with, and where?
- Fire incident at the former Terrace Restaurant, Brownhills
- Looking down on a lost line
- Oak Park Active Living Centre opens this week - find out more here
- An uncommon flight over Chasewater and Brownhills
- Ferrie cross the Ogley
- Charles Henry Ruddock: A local Victorian in the Great War
- The Terrace Restaurant closes down
- A wish for the Wishing Well?
- Acoustic Night at The Chase Inn tonight kicking off a packed weekend of live music and fun!
- 3,595,312 hits
- 2014 2015 2016 Accident Aldridge appeal away Baker Bond Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal charity Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger crime Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy free freesheet Gazette Good of the Wood home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos newspaper Newtown Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @jonworth: And if #Nissan gets a post- #Brexit blank cheque, do Honda, Opel/GM, BMW, Toyota and Jaguar Land Rover/Tata get the same? 13 minutes ago
- RT @LichfieldLive: Stowe Pool 5:15 - 27-10-16 ift.tt/2dM1g9I 14 minutes ago
- RT @LichfieldLore: Oh he's brought me a sock. 49 minutes ago
- RT @LichfieldLore: Door is locked & can't get OH to hear me. My only hope is shouting through letterbox at the dog and hoping he'll do a La… 49 minutes ago
- RT @pointlesslettrs: DISGUSTING SEX TALK https://t.co/pJhdwHblnS 1 hour ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- South Coast Tour 2016
- Andrew's Kindred
- The Plastic Hippo
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Mikes WFC Players History
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
Tag Archives: Save
You’ll all know that this blog is all about community and the things that bring us all together – and I’m happy to share this appeal from Clayhanger Community Centre who need some help to fix their roof.
You’ll all know that this blog is all about community and the things that bring us all together – be it a bit of current affairs, history, discussion or appeals for help: well, Clayhanger Community Centre needs our help if it is to survive.
Continue reading →
Things seem to be going a bit awry at Walsall Council of late.
I notice from a report in yesterday’s Walsall Express & Star that park rangers in Walsall will be cut in April 2013 from 23 to 10 posts. This is despite a theoretically ongoing ‘budget consultation’, and totally contrary to statements made to Linda Mason and Roger Jones, of Save Walsall’s Green Spaces and Countryside Services, by Walsall Council officers Jamie Morris and Mark Holden.
In all the debate about the greenspace in Walsall, and the approach of our civic leaders towards this valuable asset, one comment made by a reader here stuck in many minds. I personally found it jarring, and somewhat misguided.
The post was Spirit of the Greenwood, and the comment went as follows:
Following the protest on Monday, 19th November outside the Council House in Walsall, lead members of the Save Walsall’s Greenspace and Country Services Group, Linda Mason and Roger Jones attended a meeting with Walsall Council officers Jamie Morris and Mark Holden.
Nice to see a good turnout last night for the Save Walsall’s Green Spaces and Countryside Services Group protest vigil at the Council House, where a meeting of the Council was taking place. Following publicity throughout the Walsall online community, and much hard work on the part of concerned protestors, it’s becoming clear that the message is getting through to our elected representatives.
Continue reading →
There’s a great post up now on the blog of the campaign to Save Walsalls Green Spaces and Countryside Services. This is the subject I’ve been banging on about so much recently.
Written by Roger ‘Ziksby’ Jones, and featuring his artwork, the post is a wonderful expression of the aims and urgency of the group.
Continue reading →