Because you’re free to read this blog
- February 24th - The end of a very long, hard week. This week,... February 25, 2017
- dry-valleys: A garden inclosed is my sister, my spouse; a spring... February 24, 2017
- February 23rd - Back to brakes. This has really caught my... February 24, 2017
- February 23rd - Doris wasn’t messing about…Storm Doris... February 24, 2017
- February 22nd - Also in Kings Hill Park, I found this stripy... February 24, 2017
- February 22nd - It was a grim, wet morning commute and I wasn’t... February 24, 2017
- February 21st - Unfortunately, I forget my camera so just one... February 22, 2017
- February 20th - I passed through Wednesbury late, a town I often... February 21, 2017
- February 19th - There were other stars, too though. The cats are... February 21, 2017
- February 19th - It was a warm day with an insistent wind and... February 21, 2017
- February 19th - I had to be in work on a Sunday, unusually,... February 21, 2017
- February 18th - Spotted on the canal between Black Cock and... February 19, 2017
Top Posts & Pages
- Brownhills in black and white
- Bogus callers operating locally - appeal from West Midlands Police
- Andrew Cooper: a former Walsall man missing form Stourport - the search continues
- Brownhills: a brave new world in colour
- Appeal - do you know Barbara Roberts, formerly of Valley View?
- Local storm updates - post will be updated regularly
- Brownhills Carnival in the late 1970s remembered
- The Portman Collection - part three: Final forms, and on with the sport
- Get stuck in the bog...
- Wreckage, recorded
- 4,050,759 hits
- 2014 2015 2016 Accident Aldridge appeal away Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chase Inn Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger crime Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict entertainment event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy free gig Good of the Wood home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield live music local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos Newtown Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Real Ale Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC West Midlands Police Wildlife
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- Wise O Notes
- South Coast Tour 2016
- Andrew's Kindred
- The Plastic Hippo
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Mikes WFC Players History
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
Tag Archives: Petition
In the current economic and political climate, good news on public and community services is thin on the ground – so I was very happy to receive news of a wonderful followup to story I featured early this year.
Continue reading →
Here’s a really positive followup (and what looks at the moment to be a blog exclusive) to a story I featured a couple of weeks ago, when Esther Allen of The Chasewater Strollers parent and toddler group contacted me to publicise their petition against the planned closure of both Burntwood Childrens Centres – otherwise known as ‘Surestart’.
Esther Allen of Chasewater Strollers and Councillor ‘Aunty Sue’ Woodward have been in touch over the weekend to let me know that they’re very worried about the future of the two Children’s centres in Burntwood, and have launched a campaign and petition to keep them open.
I’m running this request again for signatures to the online petition for pedestrian crossings in Shire Oak following the sad death of Jack Garrington – if you haven’t signed, please do.
Since the tragic, awful death of 12 year old Jack Garrington on the Chester Road, Shire Oak last Thursday, 10th April 2014, many Brownhills folk and parents of kids attending Shire Oak from further afield have not only paid tribute to Jack, but also want to join together to improve road safety in the area.
I noticed last week that heathland improvement works were planned by Walsall’s Counctry Services team – that’s the rangers I’ve posted so much about lately – at Shire Oak Park Local Nature Reserve in Brownhills.
Continue reading →
People concerned about cuts to Walsall Countryside Services, the Ranger Team and related issues – as outlined here previously – can now sign the petition over at Walsall Council’s website. It’s completely electronic, and is administered as part of Walsall’s Democratic Services. If the petition gets enough support, it will be raised at full council.
Continue reading →