Because you’re free to read this blog
- November 30th - Another beautiful, frosty and glass-hard... December 1, 2016
- November 29th - It’s time. The winter tyres, with tungsten... November 30, 2016
- November 29th - A dreamy, icy, freezing morning that turned my... November 30, 2016
- November 28th - Although Victoria Park in Darlaston is beautiful... November 29, 2016
- November 28th - Pleased to note the return this year of the... November 29, 2016
- November 27th - I passed through Lichfield at sunset, and later,... November 29, 2016
- November 27th - How can this possibly be morally... November 29, 2016
- November 27th - It was a very dramatic-looking afternoon as I... November 29, 2016
- November 26th - It’s rather sad, but I bet the person who locked... November 29, 2016
- November 26th - A day spent shopping, eating and having fun in... November 29, 2016
- November 26th - Out for an early spa and an errand to Aldridge,... November 29, 2016
- November 25th - I have no idea what these lovely yellow flowers... November 26, 2016
Top Posts & Pages
- Suspicious activity in Brownhills: Be on your guard
- Beware: Children approached in Brownhills in two recent incidents
- House fire in Walsall Wood yesterday evening
- Badger baiting taking place locally as wounded dog found in Brownhills
- Aldridge Christmas Tree Festival - on all weekend!
- Ice cream, miners, silent cinema and the Jones Boys. What do you know?
- Flat fire in Walsall Wood yesterday evening
- Car accident in Brownhills on Saturday afternoon
- Disturbing incident in Shire Oak - householders be on your guard!
- What's this stuff about, then?
- 3,753,684 hits
- 2014 2015 2016 Accident Aldridge appeal away Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal charity Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger crime Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict entertainment event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy free gig Good of the Wood home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos newspaper Newtown Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Real Ale Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @chopmunky: Fuck you, 2016. https://t.co/zA8Gpql76m 1 hour ago
- RT @pezholio: Help me out here. When she says 'alpha male' she means 'raging arsehole' right? twitter.com/LouiseMensch/s… 1 hour ago
- RT @MeetAnimals: "Oh sun, I love you so much..." https://t.co/avjGbeFiQ2 1 hour ago
- RT @SanBrett: spreaker.com/episode/100332… @timlewis367 on @falconradio66 PLAYING ALL 60S @BrownhillsBob @dharford79 @Naughtyangel666 @LindaL… 2 hours ago
- RT @AGlasgowGirl: A man once got mad bc my ma asked me for a tampon in Punjabi + demanded we speak English so my ma asked him if he had a t… 2 hours ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- South Coast Tour 2016
- Andrew's Kindred
- The Plastic Hippo
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Mikes WFC Players History
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
Tag Archives: axe
Excellent news from Councillor Steve Wade on the future of the 56 bus service from Brownhills to Birmingham following his meeting with Travel West Midlands last Thursday.
The controversy over the withdrawal of the Diamond Buses 56 service from Brownhills to Walsall refuses to die down, and there’s now an online petition you can sign in support of the service and Councillor Steve Wade’s efforts to save it.
Following from the tipoff from Gina Young about the possible withdrawal by Diamond busses of their 56 service between Brownhills West and Birmingham, the company have confirmed the termination with the following statement issued late yesterday afternoon (Tuesday 15th September 2015):
It seems there might be bad news for uses of the Diamond Buses 56 route from Brownhills to Birmingham – yesterday I had the following email from passenger Gina Young:
Continue reading →
Things seem to be going a bit awry at Walsall Council of late.
I notice from a report in yesterday’s Walsall Express & Star that park rangers in Walsall will be cut in April 2013 from 23 to 10 posts. This is despite a theoretically ongoing ‘budget consultation’, and totally contrary to statements made to Linda Mason and Roger Jones, of Save Walsall’s Green Spaces and Countryside Services, by Walsall Council officers Jamie Morris and Mark Holden.
In all the debate about the greenspace in Walsall, and the approach of our civic leaders towards this valuable asset, one comment made by a reader here stuck in many minds. I personally found it jarring, and somewhat misguided.
The post was Spirit of the Greenwood, and the comment went as follows:
Following the protest on Monday, 19th November outside the Council House in Walsall, lead members of the Save Walsall’s Greenspace and Country Services Group, Linda Mason and Roger Jones attended a meeting with Walsall Council officers Jamie Morris and Mark Holden.