This is just a quick request for help – in past years, we have crowdsourced from readers a list of local Remembrance parades and events taking place throughout the area, that was popular and useful to many of the readership.
I’d like to match last year’s list if I can.
Despite rumours to the contrary, there are still a huge range of local services taking place, although some parades may be shorter due to policing issues.
The below list is from the Express & Star, and I feel some details may not be quite specific, particularly Pelsall. If you contribute details I’ll wrap them all up into a big post later in the week.
If you can supply details for Brownhills, Walsall Wood or other local services, please comment here.
I’d also like readers to take photos of their local events if they can and I’ll feature them here; particularly after photos of Brownhills, Walsall Wood and Norton if possible.
If you’d rather, feel free to mail me: BrownhillsBob at Googlemail dot com. Cheers.
- Brownhills, Memorial Hall, November 13 – A parade will start at 10.35am.
- Short Heath, Royal British Legion, November 13 – A procession will leave the British Legion on Church Road at 10.30am.
- Walsall, Bradford Place, November 13 – A procession will leave Walsall Council House at 10.25am and make its way to the Cenotaph in Bradford Place.
- Pelsall, CenotaphNovember 13 – Service including wreath-laying at 10.40am.
- Bloxwich Memorial Club, Bloxwich, November 13 – A parade will start from the memorial club on Harrison Street at 10.20am.
- Aldridge, Middlemore Lane Community Centre,, November 13 – A parade begins at 10.30am.
- Streetly Community Centre, Streetly, Sunday, November 13 – A parade at 10.15am.
- Willenhall town centre, November 13 – A procession will start from the clock in the town centre at 10.30am.
- Cannock, St Luke’s Church, Sunday, November 13 – A parade will head from Stafford Road to the Cenotaph where wreaths will be laid by dignitaries present.
- Hednesford, War memorial, November 13 – A service at St. Peters Church, Church Hill, Hednesford, will be followed by a parade, which will reach the war memorial by 11am.
- Rugeley, War memorial, November 13 – A church service at St Augustine’s Church at 9.15am will be followed by a parade from Market Street to the war memorial for 11am.
- Norton Canes, St James’ Church, November 13 – A procession will meet at The Rectory at St James Church, Church Road and head to St. James Church for a service and wreath-laying.
- Burntwood – St John’s Church, Chase Terrace, November 13 – A parade will leave Chase Terrace Scout Building, Ironstone Road, to St John’s Church.
- Chasetown, Queen Street,November 13 – Remembrance service at the war memorial at 11am.