Because you’re free to read this blog
- October 17th - Well, if the day before had gone unexpectedly... October 18, 2017
- October 17th - My deer magnet hasn’t been great lately, so... October 18, 2017
- October 16th - With the sun more or less returned to normal and... October 18, 2017
- October 16th - An very strange weather day. We were expecting... October 18, 2017
- October 15th - Sometimes, all you want to do is tear up the... October 18, 2017
- October 15th - And then came a new day, and a restorative, happy... October 18, 2017
- October 14th - A terrible, awful down day marked by frustration,... October 18, 2017
- October 13th - Chester is always a delight from the cormorants... October 18, 2017
- October 13th - I had a morning meeting near Middlewich, Cheshire... October 18, 2017
- October 12th - Passing back through Walsall Wood at sunset, I... October 13, 2017
- October 12th - In Darlaston Green on a sunny day, outside the... October 13, 2017
- October 12th - The united colours of… a Black Country... October 13, 2017
Top Posts & Pages
- Incident on Clayhanger Common yesterday - West Midlands Police issue statement
- A plaque on your houses - the search continues.
- The end of a nightmare, or just another false dawn?
- Terrace World Buffet - new Brownhills restaurant opening this Saturday!
- Woodmen surprised at Nuneaton
- Details of Walsall Council's park bonfire events for 2017
- Culvert investigations
- It definitely wasn't a Goodyear - help solve a mystery!
- Special branch
- Police issue statement following armed response in Stewart Road, Walsall Wood
- 4,745,939 hits
- 2014 2015 2016 2017 Accident Aldridge appeal away Bill Shaw Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chase Inn Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger crime Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict entertainment event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy free gig Good of the Wood home Lichfield live music local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos Newtown Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Real Ale Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC West Midlands West Midlands Police Wildlife
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- Wise O Notes
- South Coast Tour 2016
- Andrew's Kindred
- The Plastic Hippo
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Mikes WFC Players History
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
Tag Archives: Boys from the Wood
I’ve a whole tranche of Walsall Wood football news today as I feature a disparate collection of submissions – photos of last Saturday’s Cadbury Athletic match from Simon Evans, a match report from Bill Shaw of Tuesday’s away victory at Hinckley and photos from last weeks Pelsall Villa – Redditch game that was played at Oak Park de to the vandalism difficulties at the Villan’s home ground.
We’re now at the very beginnings of the 2017/18 season and the friendlies well underway, I’m happy to see Bill Shaw hasn’t thrown away his match day pencil and has been kind enough to send in.a writeup of the Wood away match yesterday, in which the boys from Oak Park beat Rushall Olympic 2-1 at Dales Lane.
Continue reading →
Last Bank Holiday Monday afternoon (17th April 2017) Walsall Wood visited Highgate United, who sadly managed to turn around a match that had seemed in the bag for Walsall Wood. Bill Shaw was there, and with somewhat frayed nerves, sent the following … Continue reading →
Yesterday afternoon (Saturday, 1st April 2017) Walsall Wood were visited by Highgate United, who sadly seem to have made April fools of the Woodmen.
New Year’s Eve (Saturday, 31st December 2016) saw Walsall Wood FC travel our to Stourport, where Walshes Meadow was the venue for a resurgent Wood team’s fourth win on the trot.
Yesterday afternoon (Saturday, 23rd April 2016) Walsall Wood were visited by Highgate United, who sadly went back home with a one-nil win thanks to a penalty.
Continue reading →