Because you’re free to read this blog
- January 18th - Back to work, and very slow on the bike, but the... January 19, 2018
- January 17th - It was a nice day on the canal, and as I came... January 18, 2018
- January 17th - Still off, but thankfully brighter if still... January 18, 2018
- January 16th - A shot I was keen to try with the TZ 100 has been... January 17, 2018
- January 16th A second day off sick. My congestion was better,... January 17, 2018
- January 15th - One thing did impress, though: The new housing... January 17, 2018
- January 15th - I went to work. Really battled in. They sent me... January 17, 2018
- January 14th - I experimented in an area where Panasonic have... January 17, 2018
- January 14th - Still awful, but hoping to be better for work... January 17, 2018
- January 13th - The cold had really got me. I was damned ill with... January 17, 2018
- January 12th - I came from Derby to Leicester, made a call in... January 17, 2018
- January 12th - I found myself un Burton Upon Trent for a meeting... January 17, 2018
Top Posts & Pages
- Dam freeloaders?
- Thieves steal quad bike from local riding stables - have you seen it?
- Littleton Colliery 1912, another Battle of Orgreave?
- A team line up and a pig roast: What do you know?
- Walsall Wood v. Ilkeston Town match this afternoon OFF
- When pressed...
- And did those feet in ancient times gig upon Pelsall's commons green?
- Incident on Clayhanger Common yesterday - West Midlands Police issue statement
- 2018 Brownhills Blog quiz results
- April 1991 - Traders win battle over parking
- 5,006,831 hits
- Bill Shaw
- Brownhills local history
- Chase Inn
- Chasewater Dam
- Chasewater Wildlife Group
- Cheap tat
- Cycle rides
- David Evans
- Express & Star
- Good of the Wood
- live music
- local blogs
- Local History
- Local politics
- match review
- Mike Bird
- New Photos
- Oak Park
- Old maps
- Real Ale
- Shire Oak
- Things to do
- Walsall Council
- Walsall politics
- Walsall Wood
- Walsall WOod FC
- West Midlands
- West Midlands Police
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- Lifestyle And Mental Health
- Wise O Notes
- South Coast Tour 2016
- Andrew's Kindred
- The Plastic Hippo
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Mikes WFC Players History
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
Tag Archives: Simon Evans
Last weekend Saturday, 23rd September 2017, Walsall Wood travelled over to Cradley, ironically enough a place I’d been the day before – small world, really – anyway, the Wood lads comfortably beat the chain maker lads, and Simon Evans was there to catch the action, and supplied the following report:
I’ve a whole tranche of Walsall Wood football news today as I feature a disparate collection of submissions – photos of last Saturday’s Cadbury Athletic match from Simon Evans, a match report from Bill Shaw of Tuesday’s away victory at Hinckley and photos from last weeks Pelsall Villa – Redditch game that was played at Oak Park de to the vandalism difficulties at the Villan’s home ground.
The agony and the ecstasy were felt this week in the Oak Park clubhouse, as Walsall Wood FC triumphed over Shawbury United away on Wednesday evening (17th August 2016), but were remarkably hammered by a resurgent Quorn yesterday afternoon (20th August 2016).
A quiet start to the football season at Oak Park last Saturday (16th July 2016) as the lads from the Wood faced the mighty Chasetown in a pre-season friendly that sadly, didn’t go the Woodmen’s way.
It was a big home match in prospect last Tuesday (9th May 2016) – Walsall Wood entertained leaders Hereford, and despite the fact that the Woodmen battled the visitors well, they despite an early upset, they couldn’t bare the win.2
Last Saturday afternoon (12th March 2016) Walsall Wood FC entertained Alvechurch at Oak Park, and the visitors sadly beat the Woodmen.
Continue reading →
Last Tuesday evening (23rd February 2016), Walsall Wood FC entertained Loughborough University at Oak Park, and despite a very closely fought battle, neither side scored.
Continue reading →