Because you’re free to read this blog
- March 1st - I noted with some curiosity that earlier that day,... March 2, 2015
- March 1st - On a distinctly un-springlike day, I headed into... March 2, 2015
- February 28th - Meanwhile, back in Brownhills, Silver Court... March 1, 2015
- February 28th - Another grey, dull day, with a worsening wind. I... March 1, 2015
- February 27th - I had to pop into Aldridge on my way home and... March 1, 2015
- February 27th - A lot of the history of Brownhills, Walsall Wood... March 1, 2015
- February 26th - Mind you, I say Birmingham is getting better at... February 28, 2015
- February 26th - In Birmingham at twilight, I was without any... February 28, 2015
- February 25th - And then there’s Kings Hill Park, too. I... February 25, 2015
- February 25th - Sorry, I won’t feature Darlaston again for... February 25, 2015
- February 24th - Little firsts are the art of getting through... February 25, 2015
- February 24th - I’ve featured this remarkable tree in... February 25, 2015
Top Posts & Pages
- Matters arising...
- The man in the centre
- The estate we're in
- A message from Andy Penn...
- Walsall Woodstock two day music festival this weekend!
- Urgent! Distinctive motocross bike stolen from Brownhills
- Brace yourself!
- Not only customers, but friends
- Woodmen draw to keep Wulf from the door...
- What's this stuff about, then?
- 2,117,524 hits
- 2013 2014 2015 Accident Aldridge appeal away Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Brownhills Market Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy Good of the Wood history home Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird mining New Photos Oak Park Old maps Panoramio Peter Cutler planning Police Politics Pubs Ravens Court Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Tesco Tesco Development The YamYam Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall Police Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC Watling Street West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @SaveBurntwood: Toddler Peep at Springhill or Little Signers at Boney Hay both start 9.30 am tomorrow or Lunch Bunch a friendly... http:… 55 minutes ago
- Nice to see @PandCNHW advising local car thieves about the inclement weather facebook.com/permalink.php?… 1 hour ago
- Oh man, this is fucking hilarious facebook.com/permalink.php?… 1 hour ago
- RT @tracey_q: @Goonflower @thestymaster @Corporal_Kleg @JayneHowarth @BrownhillsBob @abesoddworld @HippoGriffinus Hoppy? Utter twattage. NO. 1 hour ago
- RT @newscientist: This is a 3750-year-old customer complaint letter carved in cuneiform ow.ly/3xqVFZ http://t.co/sZGkpUDMs6 1 hour ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- The Friends of Sandfields Pumping Station
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
- Chasewater Strollers March 9, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
- Chasewater Strollers March 16, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
- Chasewater Strollers March 23, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
Tag Archives: concert
This is just a reminder that on this coming Friday evening at 7:30pm, 7th November 2014 there will be a wonderful First World War concert at St. Johns Church, Walsall Wood, performed by a 40 man male voice choir and the Staffordshire Band.
Last year, I ran a series of articles here on the Brownhills Blog about Brownhills Co-operative Choral Society, a very highly respected musical ensemble indeed, and a remarkable, often overlooked piece of Brownhills history.
Top Walsall Council bod Kate Goodall contacted me to ask if I could plug the Christmas Carol Concert at Walsall Arboretum -it is to be held in the beautifully refurbished bandstand tomorrow, Saturday 21st December 2013, from 1:00pm to 2:00pm.
It’s turning into a real summer of live music – Sunday 30th June is Bands on the Beacon, and event that’s been sadly under my radar until this year, and with the project is now in it’s fourth year it has a whole bunch of avid devotees from all over the Midlands, who come to Walsall’s highest spot for free music and fun.
Continue reading →
Here’s an odd one I’ve been meaning to sneak in for some time here on the blog. Readers and top contributors David Evans and Pedro Cutler regularly muse over the newspaper archives, and have found this gem from The Lichfield Mercury in 1903.
Continue reading →
Both Ian Morton-Jones and Kate Goodall contacted me this week to ask me to plug the Christmas Carol Concert at Walsall Arboretum. It is to be held in the newly refurbished bandstand today, Saturday 15th December 2012, from 1:30pm to 2:30pm. It’s free, and will make for a welcome, relaxing break from Christmas shopping.
I’ve had yet another great photo sent in by to reader David Evans. This is a somewhat unusual image From the first decades of the last century, showing a Walsall Wood theatrical group in full stage costume. It’s a rare … Continue reading →