Because you’re free to read this blog
- January 21st - On a grey, depressing day, I stopped to check out... January 24, 2015
- January 20th - I’ve been hoping for a decent fall of snow... January 21, 2015
- January 20th - Another gorgeous but brittle cold morning... January 21, 2015
- January 19th - Again, apologies for the long-range, poor photos,... January 20, 2015
- January 19th - A cold commute on a sunny morning, and lots of... January 20, 2015
- January 18th - For the first time in weeks, my deer magnet was... January 18, 2015
- January 8th - Unexpectedly, Dazzle Ships on the Chasetown... January 18, 2015
- January 18th - A thoroughly gorgeous but cold morning, greying... January 18, 2015
- January 17th - Rotate ninety degrees sunwise from the bell... January 17, 2015
- January 17th - Passing through Walsall on an errand in the... January 17, 2015
- January 16th - Scooting between Snow Hill and New Street to... January 17, 2015
- January 16th - A day in Droitwich for a change. Cold, hard and... January 17, 2015
Top Posts & Pages
- March 1992 - Are we on our own at night and hounded by day?
- The Mancunian candidate
- Lock, stock and barrel?
- Can you help Matty in his campaign for a skatepark in Clayhanger?
- How many....?
- The displaced
- Post Morton
- Your guide to Walsall - 125 years ago
- Walsall Wood match off!
- January 1990 - Call for flood investigation...
- 2,003,929 hits
- 2013 2014 Accident Aldridge appeal away Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills common Brownhills local history Brownhills Market Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy Good of the Wood history home Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird mining New Photos Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Ravens Court Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Social media Staffordshire Stonnall Tesco Tesco Development The Plastic Hippo The YamYam Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall Police Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC Watling Street West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @cctv_wankers: And you think your having a bad morning pic.twitter.com/nMOmX92RZ6 14 minutes ago
- RT @G_IW: Not sure if this is the correct term for money laundering but found a fiver in the washing machine. 14 minutes ago
- RT @ArboRangerMark: Spotted a weasel on the edge of the country park this morning only the second in the park in nearly 10 years! 21 minutes ago
- RT @StarrOutlook: BBC News - England's lost theme parks bbc.in/1yXwige 22 minutes ago
- RT @Ginger_kitten1: Crazy weather!!! http://t.co/NpiVfq8wd4 30 minutes ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- The Friends of Sandfields Pumping Station
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
- A Bird That Whistles – Woodstock - Live
- A Bird That Whistles – The Silky Veils Of Ardor - Live
- A Bird That Whistles – Hejira - Live
- A Bird That Whistles – Twisted - Live
- A Bird That Whistles – Night Ride Home
- A Bird That Whistles – Urge For Going
- A Bird That Whistles – This Flight Tonight - Live
- A Bird That Whistles – A Case Of You - Live
- A Bird That Whistles – Chelsea Morning - Live
- A Bird That Whistles – A Bird That Whistles (Corrina, Corrina)
- Chasewater Strollers January 26, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
Tag Archives: concert
This is just a reminder that on this coming Friday evening at 7:30pm, 7th November 2014 there will be a wonderful First World War concert at St. Johns Church, Walsall Wood, performed by a 40 man male voice choir and the Staffordshire Band.
Last year, I ran a series of articles here on the Brownhills Blog about Brownhills Co-operative Choral Society, a very highly respected musical ensemble indeed, and a remarkable, often overlooked piece of Brownhills history.
Top Walsall Council bod Kate Goodall contacted me to ask if I could plug the Christmas Carol Concert at Walsall Arboretum -it is to be held in the beautifully refurbished bandstand tomorrow, Saturday 21st December 2013, from 1:00pm to 2:00pm.
It’s turning into a real summer of live music – Sunday 30th June is Bands on the Beacon, and event that’s been sadly under my radar until this year, and with the project is now in it’s fourth year it has a whole bunch of avid devotees from all over the Midlands, who come to Walsall’s highest spot for free music and fun.
Continue reading →
Here’s an odd one I’ve been meaning to sneak in for some time here on the blog. Readers and top contributors David Evans and Pedro Cutler regularly muse over the newspaper archives, and have found this gem from The Lichfield Mercury in 1903.
Continue reading →
Both Ian Morton-Jones and Kate Goodall contacted me this week to ask me to plug the Christmas Carol Concert at Walsall Arboretum. It is to be held in the newly refurbished bandstand today, Saturday 15th December 2012, from 1:30pm to 2:30pm. It’s free, and will make for a welcome, relaxing break from Christmas shopping.
I’ve had yet another great photo sent in by to reader David Evans. This is a somewhat unusual image From the first decades of the last century, showing a Walsall Wood theatrical group in full stage costume. It’s a rare … Continue reading →