Because you’re free to read this blog
- I passed by the entrance to Shire Oak Quarry in the early... April 19, 2015
- April 18th - Not far today, I was busy and weary with a rough... April 18, 2015
- April 17th - Another harbinger of spring: bluebells. First I’ve... April 17, 2015
- April 17th - Awfully long range photos, but the group of deer... April 17, 2015
- April 16th - Jockey Meadows between Sheffield and Walsall Wood... April 17, 2015
- April 16th - The greening continues. Darlaston is getting really... April 17, 2015
- April 15th - Shelfied, just on the marooned triangle of land... April 16, 2015
- April 15th - On my commute home, on the Walsall Canal. in a... April 16, 2015
- April 15th - Zipping over to Tipton and Great Bridge on a sunny... April 16, 2015
- April 14th - You think there’s nothing that could match the... April 14, 2015
- April 14th - A sunny, warm moring. A run through a Wednesbury... April 14, 2015
- Cycling from Aldridge to Westminster (not actually cycling there, that would be daft) April 13, 2015
Top Posts & Pages
- Chasewater Spring Fair this Sunday!
- February 1994 - Local trader purchases derelict buildings
- It must be election time
- Sunday Chasewater Craft & Farmers Market cancelled - but Whittington on this morning
- January 1994 - Are we being pushed out again?
- Badgers cull Woodmen
- Five treated after three vehicle collision in Brownhills High Street
- Walsall Wood away to Long Eaton at Grange Park this afternoon
- Weaving the Canes
- Free talk on Heritage at Risk tonight!
- 2,230,277 hits
- 2013 2014 2015 Accident Aldridge appeal away Baker Bond Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Brownhills Market Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy freesheet Gazette Good of the Wood history home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos newspaper Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Ravens Court Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Tesco Tesco Development Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC Watling Street West Midlands Police Wildlife
- #365daysofbiking Plenty of space: ift.tt/1HFiz30 4 hours ago
- RT @HouseOfGubbins: Four scones scoffed. Today was a good day. 4 hours ago
- RT @EmergencyNorman: Situation normal. http://t.co/6UIJVhol0k 4 hours ago
- RT @abradacabla: Nelly the elephant squished a dude, said "that's what you get if you hunt us". 4 hours ago
- If you've a song to sing, sing out! http://t.co/3s9xdGTkub 4 hours ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- The Friends of Sandfields Pumping Station
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
- Tangerine Dream – Force Majeure (Excerpt)
- Tangerine Dream – Cloudburst Flight
- Tangerine Dream – Ricochet (Part Two) - Live
- Tangerine Dream – Kiew Mission
- Tangerine Dream – Cinnamon Road
- Tangerine Dream – Cherokee Lane - Live;Edit
- Tangerine Dream – Choronzon
- Tangerine Dream – Stratosfear (excerpt)
- Tangerine Dream – Rubycon (Part One) (Excerpt)
- Tangerine Dream – Phaedra (Excerpt)
- Chasewater Strollers April 20, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
Tag Archives: concert
This is just a reminder that on this coming Friday evening at 7:30pm, 7th November 2014 there will be a wonderful First World War concert at St. Johns Church, Walsall Wood, performed by a 40 man male voice choir and the Staffordshire Band.
Last year, I ran a series of articles here on the Brownhills Blog about Brownhills Co-operative Choral Society, a very highly respected musical ensemble indeed, and a remarkable, often overlooked piece of Brownhills history.
Top Walsall Council bod Kate Goodall contacted me to ask if I could plug the Christmas Carol Concert at Walsall Arboretum -it is to be held in the beautifully refurbished bandstand tomorrow, Saturday 21st December 2013, from 1:00pm to 2:00pm.
It’s turning into a real summer of live music – Sunday 30th June is Bands on the Beacon, and event that’s been sadly under my radar until this year, and with the project is now in it’s fourth year it has a whole bunch of avid devotees from all over the Midlands, who come to Walsall’s highest spot for free music and fun.
Continue reading →
Here’s an odd one I’ve been meaning to sneak in for some time here on the blog. Readers and top contributors David Evans and Pedro Cutler regularly muse over the newspaper archives, and have found this gem from The Lichfield Mercury in 1903.
Continue reading →
Both Ian Morton-Jones and Kate Goodall contacted me this week to ask me to plug the Christmas Carol Concert at Walsall Arboretum. It is to be held in the newly refurbished bandstand today, Saturday 15th December 2012, from 1:30pm to 2:30pm. It’s free, and will make for a welcome, relaxing break from Christmas shopping.
I’ve had yet another great photo sent in by to reader David Evans. This is a somewhat unusual image From the first decades of the last century, showing a Walsall Wood theatrical group in full stage costume. It’s a rare … Continue reading →