Because you’re free to read this blog
- November 24th - I’m never sure what to make of this.... November 24, 2014
- November 24th - A gorgeous, frosty winter morning. I had a call... November 24, 2014
- November 23rd - It seems Staffordshire County Council -... November 24, 2014
- November 23rd - A run out on errands late morning was shrouded... November 24, 2014
- November 22nd - Despite occasional heavy showers, it was a... November 22, 2014
- November 22nd - I had to nip to Aldridge in the afternoon, and... November 22, 2014
- November 21st - Thank goodness it’s Friday. Another... November 22, 2014
- November 21st - After rain in the night, I rode past the old... November 22, 2014
- November 20th - In Kings Hill Park in Darlaston, there’s a... November 22, 2014
- 20th November - Still clinging on, and looking handsome despite... November 22, 2014
- My name is Aiden and I am a Cyclist. November 20, 2014
- November 19th - I forget every year how good Telford’s... November 20, 2014
Top Posts & Pages
- September 1990 - Vandals & dumpers causing problems on old track bed
- Your chance to meet a local history legend next Friday!
- A lesson in local history
- The Pride of Brownhills, restored
- Did any of you know Alan John Pickering?
- August 1990 - How much longer must we wait for some action?
- Christmas stories and crafts for kids at the library this Saturday!
- Sex and travel
- Urgent: Please help find missing Brownhills teenager
- 1,866,288 hits
- 2013 2014 Accident Aldridge appeal away Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills common Brownhills local history Brownhills Market Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy Good of the Wood history home Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics match review Mike Bird New Photos Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Ravens Court Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Social media Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Tesco Tesco Development The Plastic Hippo The YamYam Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall Police Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC Watling Street West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @UKIPFilmReviews: I'd rather live next door to a Polish plumber than a right wing bigot like @Nigel_Farage. 33 minutes ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- The Friends of Sandfields Pumping Station
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
- Afro Celt Sound System – Release (Masters At Work Instrumental)
- Afro Celt Sound System – Release (Masters At Work Dub 1)
- Afro Celt Sound System – Release (Keyapella (Masters at Work) )
- Afro Celt Sound System – Release (Nu Yorican Instrumental (Masters at Work) )
- Afro Celt Sound System – Release (Nu Yorican Soul Mix (Masters at Work) )
- Afro Celt Sound System – Release (Bi-Polar Remix)
- Afro Celt Sound System – Release (Rollo Remix)
- Afro Celt Sound System – Release (Masters At Work Main Mix)
- Afro Celt Sound System – Release (Radio Edit)
- Afro Celt Sound System – Lagan - Remix
No upcoming events
Tag Archives: concert
This is just a reminder that on this coming Friday evening at 7:30pm, 7th November 2014 there will be a wonderful First World War concert at St. Johns Church, Walsall Wood, performed by a 40 man male voice choir and the Staffordshire Band.
Last year, I ran a series of articles here on the Brownhills Blog about Brownhills Co-operative Choral Society, a very highly respected musical ensemble indeed, and a remarkable, often overlooked piece of Brownhills history.
Top Walsall Council bod Kate Goodall contacted me to ask if I could plug the Christmas Carol Concert at Walsall Arboretum -it is to be held in the beautifully refurbished bandstand tomorrow, Saturday 21st December 2013, from 1:00pm to 2:00pm.
It’s turning into a real summer of live music – Sunday 30th June is Bands on the Beacon, and event that’s been sadly under my radar until this year, and with the project is now in it’s fourth year it has a whole bunch of avid devotees from all over the Midlands, who come to Walsall’s highest spot for free music and fun.
Continue reading →
Here’s an odd one I’ve been meaning to sneak in for some time here on the blog. Readers and top contributors David Evans and Pedro Cutler regularly muse over the newspaper archives, and have found this gem from The Lichfield Mercury in 1903.
Continue reading →
Both Ian Morton-Jones and Kate Goodall contacted me this week to ask me to plug the Christmas Carol Concert at Walsall Arboretum. It is to be held in the newly refurbished bandstand today, Saturday 15th December 2012, from 1:30pm to 2:30pm. It’s free, and will make for a welcome, relaxing break from Christmas shopping.
I’ve had yet another great photo sent in by to reader David Evans. This is a somewhat unusual image From the first decades of the last century, showing a Walsall Wood theatrical group in full stage costume. It’s a rare … Continue reading →