Because you’re free to read this blog
- December 15th - Brownhills High Street. Darkness, rain and... December 16, 2014
- December 15th - A spin around the canal up to Pelsall on the way... December 16, 2014
- December 14th - This evening, there was the annual Burntwood... December 15, 2014
- December 14th - Sadly, it seems myxomatosis has found the rabbit... December 15, 2014
- December 14th - Today, I did make it to the supermarket, and... December 15, 2014
- December 13th - An excellent sunset. I needed to pop to... December 15, 2014
- December 13th - The kind of cold, crisp morning that grabs your... December 15, 2014
- December 12th - Tesco, the retail giant, are in trouble. Beset... December 13, 2014
- December 12th - I’ trying a new camera out. It’s got... December 13, 2014
- December 11th - Thoroughly rotten but very necessary journey... December 12, 2014
- December 10th - I hopped onto the cycleway at Pelsall Lane, and... December 11, 2014
- December 10th - Can’t ever remember a winter passing this... December 11, 2014
Top Posts & Pages
- What's the Tory?
- May 1991 - Walsall Wood Police Boxing Club big success - but will it continue?
- The state that we are in
- Christmas stories and crafts for kids at the library this Saturday!
- Just look at those haircuts!
- As far distant as the millennium
- They know what's good for us
- The magic of Christmas
- Walsall Wood 1871 Inclosure
- The Harrison dynasty: Beginnings in Coal, 1849
- 1,910,677 hits
- 2013 2014 Accident Aldridge appeal away Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills common Brownhills local history Brownhills Market Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy Good of the Wood history home Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics match review Mike Bird New Photos Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Ravens Court Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Social media Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Tesco Tesco Development The Plastic Hippo The YamYam Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall Police Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC Watling Street West Midlands Police Wildlife
- The state that we are in wp.me/pvAxA-5FT via @BrownhillsBob 6 hours ago
- RT @MacRumors: Apple's (Product) RED Holiday Campaign Raised $20 Million to Fight AIDS macrumors.com/2014/12/17/app… by @julipuli 7 hours ago
- RT @Unnamedinsider: As The #BritishComedyAwards didn't give Rik Mayall the tribute he deserved.... #ComedyAwards http://t.co/QmXRsXXr8N 8 hours ago
- Oh dear. Best bit is the comments. Via @moronwatch http://t.co/ooPeB4hrJa 8 hours ago
- RT @wyrleyblog: FIFA, what a sham. Sepp and the boys, ever thought of a career in politics? 9 hours ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- The Friends of Sandfields Pumping Station
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
- Chasewater Strollers December 22, 2014 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
Tag Archives: concert
This is just a reminder that on this coming Friday evening at 7:30pm, 7th November 2014 there will be a wonderful First World War concert at St. Johns Church, Walsall Wood, performed by a 40 man male voice choir and the Staffordshire Band.
Last year, I ran a series of articles here on the Brownhills Blog about Brownhills Co-operative Choral Society, a very highly respected musical ensemble indeed, and a remarkable, often overlooked piece of Brownhills history.
Top Walsall Council bod Kate Goodall contacted me to ask if I could plug the Christmas Carol Concert at Walsall Arboretum -it is to be held in the beautifully refurbished bandstand tomorrow, Saturday 21st December 2013, from 1:00pm to 2:00pm.
It’s turning into a real summer of live music – Sunday 30th June is Bands on the Beacon, and event that’s been sadly under my radar until this year, and with the project is now in it’s fourth year it has a whole bunch of avid devotees from all over the Midlands, who come to Walsall’s highest spot for free music and fun.
Continue reading →
Here’s an odd one I’ve been meaning to sneak in for some time here on the blog. Readers and top contributors David Evans and Pedro Cutler regularly muse over the newspaper archives, and have found this gem from The Lichfield Mercury in 1903.
Continue reading →
Both Ian Morton-Jones and Kate Goodall contacted me this week to ask me to plug the Christmas Carol Concert at Walsall Arboretum. It is to be held in the newly refurbished bandstand today, Saturday 15th December 2012, from 1:30pm to 2:30pm. It’s free, and will make for a welcome, relaxing break from Christmas shopping.
I’ve had yet another great photo sent in by to reader David Evans. This is a somewhat unusual image From the first decades of the last century, showing a Walsall Wood theatrical group in full stage costume. It’s a rare … Continue reading →