- July 14th - Another long ride in the afternoon up to the Cloud...
- July 14th - S sadly hastily snapped picture, but something I do...
- July 13th - I’m sad to see the huge horse chestnut trees on...
- July 13th - In Telford for the morning, I crossed the footbridge...
- July 12th - One indicator of an advancing summer I always have...
- 5,396,204 hits
Recent tracksBrownhills Bob
280776 TracksI Want You to Want Me
2 hoursMad World
2 hoursJeremiah Weed
2 hoursHeroes & Heroin
3 hoursOwen Down
Pedro on Ooh, Betty! BrownhillsDavidNotBo… on Ooh, Betty! Pedro on Ooh, Betty! Tony Thacker on Ooh, Betty! BrownhillsDavidNotBo… on The 1977 Silver Jubilee…
Tag Archives: Severn House
I noticed a week or so ago that plans have been submitted by Walsall Housing Group to re-clad the outer walls of the two remaining, decaying sixties tower blocks in Brownhills. This is to be undertaken to improve energy efficiency … Continue reading
It’s a sad fact that Brownhills was known for a decade or so for the grimness of some of it’s social housing. Host to four towerblocks and lots of tenement maisonettes, hastily and badly built using the Wimpey system technique, … Continue reading
The Anchor Bridge, taking the Chester Road-High Street over the Wyrley & Essington canal, was named after the old inn that stood next door, itself pointing out the potential refreshment for bargees using the waterway. A landmark for centuries, the … Continue reading