Because you’re free to read this blog
- July 22nd - At Birchills on the Walsall Canal, an odd one.... July 22, 2017
- July 21st - I was stuck behind a very slow-moving car in The... July 22, 2017
- July 20th - Sad to see something seems to have happened to the... July 21, 2017
- June 19th - Spotted in appallingly bad light way off near the... July 20, 2017
- June 19th - Last week I noted in passing that we were between... July 20, 2017
- July 18th - On the canal near the Black Cock Bridge, there’s... July 19, 2017
- July 18th - Today, the older cats of Scarborough Road and north... July 19, 2017
- July 17th - Later the same day, in Darlaston. A summer... July 18, 2017
- July 17th - Time for my annual botanically subversive mission:... July 18, 2017
- July 16th - The dying light intensified it’s drama as I headed... July 18, 2017
- July 16th - Slowly bumbling over to Chasewater to catch the... July 18, 2017
- July 16th - I seem to have it with a cold. I’ve been feeling a... July 18, 2017
Top Posts & Pages
- Mabel's Vintage Fair at Chasewater Railway this Sunday!
- Good news: Vulnerable teenager Aaron Taylor found safe and well
- News, reports and even video from Walsall Wood FC - and a fitting tribute to a great man!
- Brownhills Carnival remembered: Tower Hill return please, and a single for the wife
- Woodmen nick Pics glory
- Consigned to myth no more!
- Brownhills Carnival in the late 1970s remembered
- Aston Manor Transport Museum in Aldridge - Vintage Verses starts soon!
- Terrace World Buffet - new Brownhills restaurant opening this Saturday!
- 4,486,303 hits
- 2014 2015 2016 2017 Accident Aldridge appeal away Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chase Inn Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger crime Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict entertainment event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy free gig Good of the Wood home Lichfield live music local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos Newtown Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Real Ale Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC West Midlands Police Wildlife
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- Wise O Notes
- South Coast Tour 2016
- Andrew's Kindred
- The Plastic Hippo
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Mikes WFC Players History
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
Tag Archives: 19 July
This is very unusual, but I think is somewhat important – this request was posted by the Communication Team at Walsall Manor Hospital Tuesday (19th July 2016) and I’d like all locals to have a think about it, and if any … Continue reading →
This Saturday and Sunday (16th and 17th July 2016) will be quite a special weekend for the local powerboat community as Chasewater hosts the PowerBoatGP 2016 Chasewater Grand Prix at our favourite reservoir and country park.
I’ve had a load of enquiries about an accident tonight up by the M6 toll slip road island just off the A5195 and Ogley Hay Road north of the A5 between Chasetown and Hammerwich – as luck would have it, there’s a fairly full report on the West Midlands Ambulance Service newsfeed which I post in full below.
I’ll be perfectly honest here – I know very little about this, but for those that do, this is apparently quite a weekend for the powerboat community as Saturday and Sunday see the PowerBoatGP 2015 Chasewater Grand Prix at our favourite reservoir and country park.
There’s been some interest in a car accident that occurred on Saturday afternoon in Brownhills – official detail is scant and somewhat contradictory, but yesterday evening I spotted this press release from West Midlands Ambulance Service (WMAS).
Continue reading →