The 2013 New Year Quiz closes at Noon, this Saturday, 5th January 2013. I’m amazed at how popular it’s been and thank everyone for their sporting good humour, interesting answers and thoughtful, considered sleuthing.
Here’s the rests so far:
- Andy Dennis has 6 points.
- Fred Butler has 4 points.
- Oakparkrunner has 4 points.
- BrownhillsDavidNotBob has 3 points.
- Grande Pablo has 3 points.
- Dave Cottle has 2 points.
- Emell has 2 points. Karen,Tim. Pedro and Julielem have 1 apiece.
All questions except 1,3,7,12 and 16 have gone.
- Andy Dennis has mentioned the answer to question 1 in a very recent piece of research.
- Question 3 is staring you in the face. It’s on the Anglesey branch, and may be a later addition.
- Question 7 is to the north east of Brownhills. It has watery connotations.
- The manhole in 12 has also featured on the blog, although it may take a bit of thought to answer the bolting aspect. Come on folks, where did I go nosing around?
- I’ve talked about 16. It’s featured on my 365daysofbiking, and from my post about that, you can click through to a browsable thumbnail archive. Go for it.
There’s a whole lot of real ale – brewed in Brownhills – at stake here. Noted ale-arse The Stymaster raves about Backyard’s Hoard Ale. There are five questions left, and with a concerted effort, a back marker could clinch it!
Thanks for all being such good sports.
There’s more quirky stuff in our area than we could really imagine. I have enough material for another quiz, which I may run over easter if you’re up for it. Let me know what you think.
Last chance, folks.
The competition closes at 12 Noon today, 5th January 2012. Answers received after that time will not be counted.
Andy Dennis has 6 points.
Fred Butler has 4 points.
Oakparkrunner has 4 points. BrownhillsDavidNotBob has 3 points.
Grande Pablo has 3 points.
Emell has 3 points.
Dave Cottle has 2 points.
Karen, Tim, Pedro, Angela Hodgkinson and Julielem have 1 apiece.
Only questions 1,3,7 and 12 Remain.
Additional clues to the remaining questions can be found in answer to BrownhillsDaveNot Bob’s fishing expedition at:
Andy Dennis has mentioned the answer to question 1 in a very recent piece of research.
Question 3 is staring you in the face. It’s on the Anglesey branch, and may be a later addition.
Question 7 is to the north east of Brownhills. It has water connotations.
The manhole in 12 has also featured on the blog, and now we know why it should be bolted, to prevent water from blowing the top off.
Cheers , and good luck
Right folks, competition has now closed. Thanks for all your entries. We’ll have a winner shortly…