Because you’re free to read this blog
- March 26th - There’s times when you just have to give in. For... May 27, 2016
- May 26th - One flower I forgot yesterday that really deserves... May 27, 2016
- May 25th - Another thing that’s abundant right now is the May or... May 26, 2016
- May 25th - As we advance to late spring and early summer, some... May 25, 2016
- May 24 - On the cycleway between Walsall and Pelsall, the former... May 25, 2016
- May 24 - I ‘m convinced that whatever gave rise to moorhens and... May 25, 2016
- May 23 - At Catshill Junction on the way back, a small, domestic... May 25, 2016
- May 23 - I get a bit tired sometimes of defending Brownhills,... May 25, 2016
- May 22nd - Also growing well, and still at the original 9, the... May 23, 2016
- May 22nd - Another good riding day, but I was a bit tired, and... May 23, 2016
- May 21st - On my way back via Chasewater, I spotted the huge... May 23, 2016
- May 21st - Up on Cannock Chase, I went looking for a fire tower... May 23, 2016
Top Posts & Pages
- What's wrong with this picture?
- New Hall Mill open tomorrow, Spring Bank Holiday Monday
- Bathing beauties
- That rings a bell
- Chasewater Stadium - what do you recall?
- Brownhills Carnival in the late 1970s remembered
- Fun events at Chasewater this weekend!
- Don't believe everything you read...
- Resurfacing of A5 Watling Street - warning of road closures
- Get with the programme: Shire Oak School opening day 1967
- 3,236,162 hits
- 2014 2015 2016 Accident Aldridge appeal away Baker Bond Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger crime Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy free freesheet Gazette Good of the Wood home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos newspaper Newtown Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Tesco Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC West Midlands Police Wildlife
- Ian Botham's on Boris's leave campaign bus? Will; he have his wrinkled old man out in the open too? 5 hours ago
- RT @nessie_w: Another deer lost her life on the Burntwood Bypass. 5 hours ago
- RT @Gilesyb: Difficult to read Treasury analyses of Brexit without wondering, repeatedly, "why did you fools allow this vote?" https://t.co… 5 hours ago
- She's still there, snoring gently, grandma rhythmically stroking her hair. 5 hours ago
- Pickle was lit up like a lightbulb, until 11:20, when she curled up in a ball on Grandma's lap. 5 hours ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- The Plastic Hippo
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Chasewater Strollers May 30, 2016 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, United Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers https://brownhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterstrollers
- Chasewater Strollers June 6, 2016 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, United Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers https://brownhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterstrollers
- Chasewater Strollers June 13, 2016 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, United Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers https://brownhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterstrollers
Tag Archives: Paul Degville
It’s been over a year now since I noted the sad news of the passing of Paul Degville, jazz musician extraordinaire and leading light in the formerly little recorded jazz scene that existed around the Crown Pub in Brownhills in the 1970s.
I’m sure you’ll remember that way back, I featured some recordings of live Jazz being played at the Crown pub in Brownhills West, by amongst others, Ken Rattenbury, Paul and Fred Degville – very respected musicians -this was lifted from a reel to reel recording of Meanwhile, Down at the Local, a program then broadcast by BBC Radio Birmingham.
A touching and lovely message comes to me from Jackie and Sammie Degville, who are undertaking the race for life in aid of Cancer Research in honour of their beloved husband and father Paul Degville, who died following a protracted battle with the illness in January.
Continue reading →
Following on from the sad news of the passing of Paul Degville, Ian Bourne has been back in touch to ask if I’d let readers know about a memorial service taking place on the 23rd January in Ledbury, and to thank readers for their kind wishes and memories.
Continue reading →
A few people have contacted me now to inform me of the sad passing of Paul Degville. Paul was a great musician and his music played a fascinating part in Brownhills musical history.
I received a great email yesterday from reader David Danks relating to the great archive recordings of the Degville band and live music at The Crown pub in Brownhills in the 1970’s. I’m astounded at the huge level of interest … Continue reading →
Here’s something very special, which I’m immensely proud and humbled to share with readers. It shows what a great online community we all share in Walsall, and the generosity of time, spirit and expertise that exists within it. I’m sure … Continue reading →