After the dismal depression of last weekend, which I always consider to be the end of summer, today worked hard to convince me otherwise. After sneaking out for an early breakfast, I enjoyed a spin through Great Wyrley, up to the old RAF Hednesford along the Chase Heritage Trail, zigzagged over Cannock Chase and returned via the Shugborough Estate, and up the canal into Rugeley. A lovely day, sun on my back, and autumn, although insinuating itself a little, still seemed some way off.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Top Posts & Pages
- Brownhills Carnival procession, 1988: A huge gallery
- Pictures from the 2019 Brownhills BCNS Canalside Festival
- Police issue statement following car and bus collision in Walsall Wood
- There's a great autism support group meeting in Brownhills today and every Tuesday!
- Something wonderful for witches and wizards this coming Holiday Monday!
- 6,010,940 hits
Recent tracksBrownhills Bob
294232 TracksTracing New Maps
4 hoursRecovering Australia
4 hoursThe Enabler
5 hoursHeaven or Las Vegas
5 hoursDouble Jointed
5 hoursIn Memory of Honey
5 hoursTracing New Maps
5 hoursRecovering Australia
David Evans on Pictures from the 2019 Brownhi… Pictures from the 20… on The Brownhills Canalside Festi… The Brownhills Canal… on A remarkable local rail journe… Only humanist… on Explosive stuff Clayhanger Summer Li… on Clayhanger spring clean…