As detailed in his recent comment on this blog, the wonderful Mick P found the following, somewhat interesting image on Google’s Street View. It clearly shows a man, standing by an unmarked flatbed truck in a notorious flytipping hotspot in Green Lane, Walsall Wood. On the back of his vehicle, unsecured, lie what appear to be an old carpet and some waste cardboard packaging. He could be doing any one of the following:
- Securing his clearly insecure load
- Clearing up after some flytipping with a clearly unsuitable truck
- Wondering who stole the rest of his load
- Posing for a bit of impromptu Streetview performance art
- Contemplating disposing of waste illegally, when suddenly this odd car with a camera on top comes around the corner an catches him in the act
I would implore anyone with a definitive answer to comment below, I’m sure the gentleman was merely engaging in a little community-spirited street tidying.
If you need to report flytipping or any other environmental incident contact Walsall’s Streetpride team online or on (01922) 653344. Remember, flytipping is a crime. If you catch anyone in the act, please take their vehicle registration and contact Crimestoppers or your local police. It’s a bad idea to try and face them down.
Unfortunately, Google has protected this man’s identity so well that we cannot thank him in person. Such a shame.