Flat fire in Walsall Wood yesterday evening

CYULZ27WwAQNcv2.jpg-large

Image posted on Twitter by @AldridgeFire.

Sad to report a flat fire occurred yesterday evening (Saturday, 9th January 2016) – apparently in King Street, Walsall Wood.

West Midlands Fire Service were on the scene of the fire within minutes, and crews from Aldridge and Walsall rescued a man. The fire is believed to have been caused by a cigarette.

My sympathies to the chap concerned, and thanks to West Midlands Fire Service for keeping us safe.

If you have any more information, I’d welcome it please: BrownhillsBob at Googlemail dot com, or comment here. Please be sensitive in any comments. Cheers.

Untitled 9

Looks like the fire was in King Street – note the stone eagle on the gatepost and the gates. Imagery from Google Streetview.


This entry was posted in Brownhills stuff, Environment, Events, Express & Star, Local media, News, Shared media, Social Media, Spotted whilst browsing the web, Walsall community, Walsall Wood stuff and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.