Subscribe to Blog via Email
Top Posts & Pages
- New Hall Mill is open this Sunday for the last open day of 2019
- Tipton Community and Canal Festival this weekend!
- Get set for Lichfield and Hatherton's huge 2019 Canal Heritage Gathering next weekend!
- Fancy a Parkrun at Chasewater this Saturday morning?
- High on the hill - Go somewhere you've never been this Saturday!
- 6,166,136 hits
Recent tracksBrownhills Bob
295427 TracksNights Introlude
Nightmares on Wax
16 hoursTwo Stones In My Pocket
5 daysVanishing Point
7 daysWho Do You Love
1 weekLove Still Flows
The Lotus Eaters
1 weekWho Do You Love
2 weeksDouble Jointed
2 weeksSong of Love
2 weeksTwenty Bridges
Martin Williams on Pelsall Hall Colliery disaster… Terence Burgoyne on Get with the programme: Shire… Rob on Gerald Reece’s Chasewate… Steven Birch on Working at the BRD – a c… George Reynolds on Working at the BRD – a c…
Tag Archives: Strumech
I’ve been thinking quite a bit lately about industry in Brownhills, and why so little memory of it seems to come to light – recently, I mentioned Ogley Mill and the Superalloys Works – Brownhills was never a mining town as such, it was instead a town of a fair few trades
Homing and racing pigeons are strong in the hearts of local folk – there was at one time a huge pigeon keeping culture in Brownhills and Walsall Wood, now sadly on the wane and I can remember being in the Black Cock pub in Bullings Heath, Walsall Wood in the early 90s on a Friday evening and watching as the local club clocked in birds and prepared for the weekend’s sport.