The Plastic Hippo has written an excoriating post about Walsall Council’s risible ‘Online Budget Simulator’ game, a wheedling, cynical little piece of propaganda aimed at convincing us all there’s no alternative to the menu of cuts, decimation and hard cheese to be foisted upon us by Mike Bird and his mates in the Walsall Council cabinet. The Hippo makes some very good points – particularly about the comment facility attached to the web trinket, and raises some interesting links to current posturing by our diminutive leader, detailed in my post ‘Hard Times’, in which the councillor raises the spectre of closing libraries – many have which have just undergone refurbishment.
Strange days indeed.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Top Posts & Pages
- Pictures from the 2019 Brownhills BCNS Canalside Festival
- The Brownhills Canalside Festival 2019 runs all weekend!
- Police issue statement following car and bus collision in Walsall Wood
- Local work vehicle key thefts ongoing: Beware, folks
- The Brownhills Canalside Festival is reborn in 2019 - would you like a stall?
- 6,009,631 hits
Recent tracksBrownhills Bob
294092 TracksThe Sleepy Strange
15 hoursSoft N Ez
15 hoursVanishing Point
15 hoursThis Year's Beat
16 hoursDisconnect the Cables
16 hoursThe Waiting
16 hoursVinyl Fever
16 hoursThe Sleepy Strange
16 hoursSoft N Ez
16 hoursVanishing Point
David Evans on Pictures from the 2019 Brownhi… Pictures from the 20… on The Brownhills Canalside Festi… The Brownhills Canal… on A remarkable local rail journe… Only humanist… on Explosive stuff Clayhanger Summer Li… on Clayhanger spring clean…