It’s about time the children of the past got a look-in with the old pictures feature, so this is for them; the kids who, in whichever decade, played knock and scarper, fell in the cut or played cowboys and indians on the common. The characters who made dens, hung out in the precinct, wagged off school and sat looking miserable on the Witches Hat. They may have gone to Walsall Wood Youth Club, The Annexe or the Friday Disco at the Memo. They perhaps hung around at the Galleon, played the fool up the batters or skulked near the pavilion on Oak Park. Whatever age they came from, they knew all the same places we did, and still do. Here’s to the scallies, ragamuffins and little monkeys we all know and love.
Because you’re free to read this blog
- beautyinbirmingham: Sunset over Fox Hollies Park in Acocks... December 8, 2013
- beautyinbirmingham: The Lickey Hills in the fog of an Autumn... December 8, 2013
- December 7th - The distraction was a murmuration of Starlings.... December 7, 2013
- December 7th - The sunset was even better than I expected. I... December 7, 2013
- December 7th - Up for a spin around Chasewater to catch the... December 7, 2013
- December 6th - I finished work early, and headed to Lichfield to... December 7, 2013
- deantheman: A week in walsall 7th December 2013 I was walking... December 7, 2013
- December 5th - Without a functioning rail service, there was no... December 6, 2013
- December 5th - It wasn’t a great day for train travel in... December 6, 2013
- December 4th - Also in South Wigston, a postie’s bike. I... December 4, 2013
- December 4th - I was in Leicester again, but on a better day.... December 4, 2013
- December 4th - Circumstances appear to have dictated that sadly,... December 4, 2013
Top Posts & Pages
- The Ironmaster
- Changes to local bin collections this week!
- Follow that elephant!
- Walsall Wood F.C. - no second chance
- Christmas stories and crafts for kids at the library this Saturday!
- Norton Canes Christmas Fayre this afternoon!
- Small increments
- Old Ground
- Memories of Chasewater
- The end and the beginning
- 1,028,202 hits
- 2013 Aldridge Andy Dennis bike cam Brownhills Brownhills common Brownhills local history Brownhills Market Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger Countryside Services cuts Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy Good of the Wood Graham Evans history Lichfield Lichfield District Council Lichfield Mercury local blogs Local History Local politics Memories of Brownhills Past Mike Bird mining New Photos Oak Park Ogley Hay Old maps Ordnance Survey Panoramio Peter Cutler planning Police Politics Pubs Ravens Court Redevelopment Reservoir Shire Oak Silly soccer Social media Social Services Staffordshire Stonnall Tesco Tesco Development The Plastic Hippo The YamYam Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall Housing Group Walsall Police Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @ArtParasites: Ah, #Berlin's first #snow... let's go make some street #art! http://t.co/eiPqgY5umI 43 minutes ago
- Old Ground wp.me/pvAxA-4nw via @BrownhillsBob 1 hour ago
- RT @pedalpeak: There's no better place than the #PeakDistrict for riding your bike, see current issue @cyclingactive cathharris.co.uk/wp-content/upl… 1 hour ago
- RT @MandyBlaz: The most beautiful sunset in London... No filter needed! http://t.co/Ew73menfRy 2 hours ago
- You shall not pass, dog! youtube.com/watch?v=S7znI_… 2 hours ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- The Friends of Sandfields Pumping Station
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
- Stuff Jimm Rennie Does
- 150 great things about the Underground
- Getting There
- Atomic Spin