For the old photo feature this week, I thought we’d take a stroll up to Walsall Wood. Still villagey, with some surprisingly beautiful buildings and quiet residental streets, the former mining community is a little hidden gem in the Northern Wastes. Worth exploring when you have a free afternoon. The older images are all taken from the excellent work by Jan Farrow, ‘Brownhills and Walsall Wood on old picture postcards’. As ever, if you can find a copy, do buy one.
- #365daysofbiking Chains changed:November 16th - Heading back to...
- #365daysofbiking Paint the whole world with a…November...
- #365daysofbiking The experiment continues:November 15th - More...
- #365daysofbiking No ifs, The Butts:November 15th - Riding home...
- #365daysofbiking Clarity:November 14th - I’m finding the Canon...
- 5,659,398 hits
Recent tracksBrownhills Bob
285778 TracksDouble Jointed
4 daysKeep Drawing Suns
4 daysIn Memory of Honey
4 daysTracing New Maps
4 daysRecovering Australia
4 daysThe Enabler
4 daysHeaven or Las Vegas
4 daysDouble Jointed
Jill Manchester on More photo mysteries from the… Linda on Wreckage, recorded Blixblox Girl on The water, of course! John Howdle on Scenes from the Clayhanger Kid Bogus callers: Pleas… on Elderly Brownhills couple mena…