Changes at the Shire Oak pub?

Recently I’ve heard some rumours that the Shire Oak pub is just about to change hands. With that in mind, I noticed that the pub was shut up and in darkness at 8:00pm when I cycled past this evening.

Anybody know what’s going on?

Rate this post...

19 Comments

• No idea. Not been there for a while, but hope it does re-open.

• Nosey neighbour

Live near landlady’s daughter in Tamworth, they appear to have moved into her house! Have had both cars on her drive for 3 nights now!

• Nosey neighbour

Ooops, her Mother (not daughter), sorry!

• It was open last night when I went past at about 7pm.

• Matt Wilson

The Shire Oak has changed hands, I am a regular and the new landlady and lord seem very nice, the beer has been reduced in price too!

• Hmmm..

A return visit seems appropriate.

• pubhunter1

i have recently visited the shire oak pub in which i found it had all been redecorated which i found to be very bright and fresh and i also had a meal there i found the menu very satisfying and good value for money there was friendly service and a great atmosphere nice chunky homemade chips and excellent food,the new landlord is very friendly an all round nice place to be.

• Oddly enough, I’ve visited today.

Very pleasant- nice staff, landlord friendly, good beer. Didn’t try the food but it looked OK.

• tony

Hi this is the landlord Tony thanks for your comments nice to see hope see more of them

• TB

Does any one have a number for the Shire Oak Inn – I am looking to hire a room for private party, hope they can accommodate.

• Litesp33d

They are no longer listed on yell and the telephone number for them seems to have been cut off. Are they still trading? Does anyone have a live contact number for them?

• Well, they were running fine at the weekend. I’m fairly sure they’re still in business, I’ll check as I go past tonight for you.

Best wishes

• Yes, the Shire Oak was well and truly open for business at 6pm this evening. It’s a cracking house with a great atmosphere. I don’t have the number, but I know the landlord reads this blog so he’ll be able to help, I’m sure.

Best wishes

• tony

Yeah we are open phone number is 07896424262.live bands every 2 weeks.one on the 5th november moon of love hope to see you there.Thanks

• Jackie Simpson

Hiya drove past the pub earlier today and saw the banner advertising rock music on 21st jan 2012….is this goin to be in the from of a live band

• another pub ruined What a shame The carpark is always empty apart from peoples cars who live opposite Uninviting dump

• I’d disagree. It’s a great pub. If you don’t want the music, there’s the bar. The beers good too. I’d suggest the empty car park is a symptom of people walking there, rather than anything else.

• barnon

live band play about once a month, good night out if you like 60’s and 70’s stuff. They have a quiz on monday’s and the people are a nice bunch!

1. Tree roots « BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog  January 21, 2011

[…] historians amongst us. I’m preparing the ground for a post about the Sire Oak – not the pub, but the tree itself. Cut down and lost in the late Victorian era, this arboreal marker has become […]