Do you remember Barbara?

I bet both ladies remember the old Chip Shop on the corner of Seeds Lane and Lichfield Road. Image from Memories of Old Brownhills by Bill Mayo and Geof Harrington.

Hi folks – a gentle and respectful  return to business as usual with a quick enquiry I’ve had in for a few days from reader Wendy Gates, who’s trying to trace a lady called Barbara who lived in Lichfield Road, Brownhills and a girl in the 1950s.

Wendy wrote:

I’m after a post searching for someone.

I’m looking for Barbara (surname unknown) who lived in Lichfield Road next door to Pat Warner.

I believe they both went to The Friary School together and that she went on to become a teacher.

Pat was born 1942 and I think they were neighbours and friends from young, so the period we’re talking about would be from 1955 onwards I think.

If anyone can help be fab! I am Pat Warner’s niece.

Wendy Gates.

If you are Barbara, remember her or can help with contact details that would be great thanks – please contact me in the first instance, either by commenting here of mailing me: BrownhillsBob at Googlemail dot com.

Thanks to Wendy for an interesting enquiry and to anyone who might be able to help.

This entry was posted in News. Bookmark the permalink.

5 Responses to Do you remember Barbara?

1. aerreg says:

herthane we go again the grey matter disturbed bless you is born at 113 lichfieid road and whas reard there until my parents exchanged house to 114 oposite the memourial hall the ocupiers where the warner family they had two children joyce and jack my age nieghbours were coopers and marklew after my marraige to brenda we moved to 42 lichfield rd brendas parents opposite seeds

lane and mrs harveys shop lichfield road has changed but in my brain i can still recall the names of all who lived there in my day thank god but keep forgetting my days are great grandad days but they were bostin

2. aerreg says:

sorry for my bad one finger gobbly goo and i also recall patricia but as i had just read those memories of my early years i got carried away and my brain worked faster than my finger god bless you all

3. Eric Portsmouth says:

Hi, I was born in 1942 & lived in Seeds Lane. This photo looks a little before my time. I remember the shop & I think it had several owners, but cannot recall the names of the owners. I do remember the shop opposite in Lichfield Road, we used to buy out Tizer from their on a Sunday…..
    Eric Portsmouth.

4. Clive says:

I remember the chap (I believe he may have been the last person to live there!) used to paint the brick work of the house, and I can also remember the property when it was a chip shop.

5. aerreg says:

the shop in mmy day was owned by a mr jones ironicly a lovely couple lived next door was mr and mrs porstmouth next door lived the then well known postman of brownhills benny stackhouse lichfieldd road was brownhills second high st