An important one here from Staffordshire Police who are warning that a large, abnormal load is coming through Staffordshire and through Brownhills this week.
The load is a 40-metre oxygen tank being transported from Cheshire to Warwickshire.
The tank will progress through the county of Staffordshire over five days in total, but dips into the West Midlands on Thursday when it will traverse the Watling Street and Chester Road in Brownhills, from where it will got to Four Oaks and back to the A5. That’s a long way to avoid a railway bridge!
This is the first of four similar loads in coming weeks. I’d ask for people’s patience and welcome any photos of this remarkable load readers would like to share – BrownhillsBob at Googlemail dot com.
This kind of work is exactly what we need to get the country moving again. so best wishes to all involved.
Staffordshire Police wrote:
Warning to motorists as police set to escort large oxygen tank through county
Police are warning motorists of likely delays and diversions next week as officers help escort a large, medical grade oxygen tank through the county.
The tank – which is empty, 40 metres long and 6.5 metres in diameter – will be picked up on Monday 15 June and will make its way from the Cheshire border through areas including Newcastle-under-Lyme, Stone, Stafford, Rugeley, Cannock, Brownhills and Shenstone – finishing up in Warwickshire on Friday 19 June.
This is the first of four similar pick-ups over the next six weeks and we’ll be working with tree cutters and BT telephone engineers to ensure the load fits under trees and cables throughout the journey.
The full route:
Monday 15th June, Day 1:
- At roundabout, turn right onto A34 in Congleton
- Turn left onto A34 at Talke
- Continue on A34 through 4 roundabouts
- At roundabout, turn left onto A52 in Newcastle under Lyme
- At roundabout, turn right onto A527
- At roundabout, turn left onto A34.
Day 1 stops at Strongford
Tuesday 16th June, Day 2:
- Continue on A34 through 9 roundabouts
End of Day 2 at RedHill
Wednesday 17th June, Day 3:
- At roundabout, turn left onto A513 Beaconside
- At roundabout, turn right onto A518 Weston Rd
- At roundabout, turn left onto A34 Queensway in Stafford
- At roundabout, turn left onto A34 Lichfield Rd
- At roundabout, continue on A34 Queensville
- At mini roundabout, turn left onto A513 Weeping Cross
- At double roundabout, turn right onto A51 in Woseley Bridge
- At roundabout, turn left onto A51
- At roundabout, turn right onto B5013 Station Rd in Rugeley
- At double mini roundabout in Rugeley, continue on B5013
- At roundabout, continue straight onto A460 Hednesford Rd
- Continue on A460 through 10 roundabouts to Cannock
End of Day 3 Great Wyrley
Thursday 18th June, Day 4:
- At roundabout, continue straight onto A5 Watling Street
- Continue on A5 through 1 roundabout
- At roundabout, turn right onto A452 Chester Rd at Brownhills
- Continue through 1 roundabout
- At roundabout, turn left A454 Aldridge Road
- At roundabout, turn left at Four Oaks Station onto A5127 Lichfield Road all the way back up to the A5
- At roundabout, turn right onto A5
- At roundabout, exit onto Roman Rd/Watling Street through Hints
Day 4 Stops half way along Watling St
Friday 18th June, Day 5:
- At roundabout, in Fazeley, turn right onto A4091