As I posted yesterday, there’s a great steam fair on today at Barton Gate between Yoxall and Burton until 4pm today (Sunday 22md July 2018) and you can still make it if you’re quick.
Here’s a selection of photos I took yesterday and it really is a cracker of an event – some great engines, vintage wagons and cars, stalls, food and fun. Well worth the entry fee.
Yes, that really is a skunk eating a boiled egg. I’m not sure how they do that in the wild. That ferret in the hammock looks well comfy, too.
If you pop up, feel free to drop me a line with photos or impressions.
There’s a great steam, vintage vehicle and generally fun event on this weekend near Barton Under Needwood, Staffordshire, which I think many blog readers would enjoy – Barton Under Needwood Steam Rally takes place this Saturday and Sunday 21st-22nd July 2018 at Barton Gate, not far from Burton Upon Trent.
I’ve visited this one several times and it’s excellent – it’s a large event in a rural location and is wonderful for all the family. There are always loads of engines and vehicles, large and small, models, vintage ephemera and all manner of food, fun and entertainment – and usually a very good beer tent too.
The fair is open both days, 10am – 5pm Saturday, 10-4pm Sunday, with adult entry at £7 – but kids under 16 accompanied by an adult go free, which can’t be bad.
Parking is free, and the address for Satnav wranglers is Needwood Rise Farm, Barton Gate, Barton under Needwood, Staffs, DE13 8AP.
The organisers said…
Barton Under Needwood Steam Rally and Family Festival – 21st & 22nd July 2018
Come along, we have something for everyone……
- Full size and Miniature steam engines
- Steam powered rack saw wood cutting demonstrations
- Commercial and military vehicles
- Vintage and classic cars, Vintage motor cycles and cycles
- Old time fair organ
- Stationary engines, Tractors
- Air Ambulance helicopter pod (Sunday)
- Auto jumble, Trade stalls, Craft marquee
- Family fun
- Ferret racing!
- All sorts of animal critters for you to see and handle (Saturday)
- Children’s fairground rides: Bouncy castle, trampolines etc.
- Falconry Display – Get up close and personal with magnificent birds of prey and learn how owls, falcons and hawks are truly Kings of the forest skies.
- Chainsaw sculpture demonstrations
- Miniature Steam Train Ride – Burton-upon-Trent Model Engineering Society
- Miniature steam engine rides
- Have-a-go archery
- Face painting
- Childrens fairground – Swing boats, hook a duck, fun house, Inflatable slide and bouncy castle
- Arena events both days from 11:30
- Come and steer a steam engine!
- Live music in the beer tent both Saturday and Sunday.