Because you’re free to read this blog
- August 17th - I’m not going to say where this is for obvious... August 17, 2017
- August 17th - A sad, regrettable tragedy unfolds in Rushall at... August 17, 2017
- August 16th - Another delight of the season, that frustratingly... August 16, 2017
- August 16th - Riding to work down Green Lane, Shelfield on a... August 16, 2017
- August 15th - I spun up The Parade and over to Burntwood on the... August 16, 2017
- August 15th - I had to nip out on an errand at sunset. The day... August 16, 2017
- August 14th - Sorry, after this I promise no morale oak wasp... August 15, 2017
- August 14th - Another tree I keep an eye on is the odd pear tree... August 15, 2017
- August 13th - More oak wasp galls, which I’ve gone all out to... August 15, 2017
- August 13th - I left near lunchtime for a hopefully long, sunny... August 15, 2017
- August 12th - One local treat I look forward to in late summer... August 15, 2017
- August 12th - An run out after a busy day saw me investigating a... August 15, 2017
Top Posts & Pages
- A quiet day in the late 1950s... and some views of Norton!
- The shed of pyrotechnical delights
- Up the Ryecroft Junction
- Hot to trot
- A magnificent Walsall man in his flying machine!
- Walsall Wood hammer Hinckley, and other club news including a temporary home for Pelsall Villa!
- Be alert - power tools stolen in Brownhills van burglary
- Terrace World Buffet - new Brownhills restaurant opening this Saturday!
- West Midlands Police respond to 'Alarmist' gun crime story
- Man suffers head injury following serious incident in Walsall Wood
- 4,554,759 hits
- 2014 2015 2016 2017 Accident Aldridge appeal away Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chase Inn Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger crime Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict entertainment event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy free gig Good of the Wood home Lichfield live music local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos Newtown Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Real Ale Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC West Midlands Police Wildlife
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- Wise O Notes
- South Coast Tour 2016
- Andrew's Kindred
- The Plastic Hippo
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Mikes WFC Players History
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
Tag Archives: Memories of Brownhills Past
Thanks to blog readers Naomi Jones and David Evans, I can flag up this interesting looking slideshow and talk from respected and knowledgable local historian Bill Mayo. Bill, as I’m sure you’re all well aware, compiled several local history books with his wife Clarice, as well as with other local historians John Sale and Geoff Harrington.
I had a tipoff today from history ferret and all round top sleuth [Howmuch?], who informed me that Downes Newsagents in Brownhills currently had stock of a book entitled ‘A Picture Tour of Old Pelsall, Rushall and Shelfield’, by John … Continue reading
I noticed this week, purely by chance, that two great lost works of local history are at long last available again. Popping into Downes Newsagent midweek, I noticed these two fantastic books for sale. I’ve feature both publications heavily here … Continue reading