Because you’re free to read this blog
- madoldbaggage: Spring flowers etc this bank holiday weekend at... May 25, 2015
- May 24th - The wildflowers and blossom are wonderful this year.... May 25, 2015
- May 24th - The Watermead swan family in Brownhills are doing... May 25, 2015
- May 23rd - On my way home, I rode past the JCB plant at... May 25, 2015
- May 23rd - Here’s an odd one. Half way up the hill, on the... May 25, 2015
- May 23rd - I needn’t have worried. The first century of the year... May 25, 2015
- May 22nd - I’d been planning a long ride the following day for a... May 25, 2015
- May 22nd - A quick trip to Lichfield after lunch on a very dull... May 25, 2015
- May 21st - Laburnum, or golden chain is one of the most... May 22, 2015
- May 20th - I’m intrigued by these deep yellow poppies, which... May 21, 2015
- May 20th - I had reservations about the fate of the Kings Hill... May 21, 2015
- May 19th - Most of the day, the weather was dynamic. Sun, rain,... May 19, 2015
Top Posts & Pages
- Bogus caller cons OAP in Shire Oak
- Why not visit a local working water mill today?
- The team team of '57
- Don't forget Lichfield Bower!
- Walsall Woodstock 2015 cancelled!
- Spring is on her throne
- Do you remember Brownhills United?
- Fun events at Chasewater this weekend!
- Bill Shaw's 2015 Walsall Wood FC presentation dinner report
- Walsall Woodstock 2015 - a free spirit
- 2,319,016 hits
- 2014 2015 Accident Aldridge appeal away Baker Bond Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy freesheet Gazette Good of the Wood history home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos newspaper Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Ravens Court Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Tesco Tesco Development Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall Police Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC Watling Street West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @ThePlasticHippo: Suprise, surprise wp.me/pKp3x-1dp theplastichippo.wordpress.com/2015/05/26/sup… http://t.co/fGOPEUkrFh 6 hours ago
- RT @CloudBasedLies: Good night, heathens. http://t.co/eXFEzTrayA 6 hours ago
- RT @PoliticsPunked: Well played, Big Yin. "Religion is over." #BillyConnolly http://t.co/3hBqjPHm6T 8 hours ago
- RT @MacCocktail: "My father drank so heavily, when he blew on the birthday cake he lit the candles." ― Les Dawson 8 hours ago
- RT @HistoryNeedsYou: Apparently @David_Cameron has told Jean-Claude Juncker he's not happy with Status Quo & Europe http://t.co/yDUgnjQzat 8 hours ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- The Friends of Sandfields Pumping Station
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
No upcoming events
Tag Archives: Walsall
Thanks for all your shares, retweets and reblogs – missing Walsall teenager Ellie Remington has been found safe and well – great news for all concerned.
Continue reading →
West Midlands Police are becoming increasingly concerned for the welfare of teenager Ellie Remington who has gone missing from her home in Walsall, and are appealing for the public’s help in finding her.
Naomi Jones, Area Librarian from Brownhills Library at the Parkview Centre has been in touch to ask if I could give a belated plug for a meet the author event happening tomorrow (Tuesday, 19th May 2015).
Continue reading →
Here’s a great image sent to my by friend of the blog and community activist Linda Mason, who’s still turning out some of the greatest blog posts in Walsall but rarely gets the attention they merit.
On or around April 29th 2015, the Four Crosses Pub – the last true boozer in Shelfield, and a popular local pub I’ve enjoyed in the past – closed suddenly, and was boarded up, which has caused understandable outrage amongst pub-goers and real ale fans in the area.
Sue Arnold, losing parliamentary candidate for Walsall South would like to graciously thank the residents there for all the votes, and isn’t bitter at all that sitting MP Valerie Vaz increased her majority – some could read Sue’s thank you message as a dire warning that they’ve made the wrong decision, but I’m sure that’s an unfortunate ambiguity.
Continue reading →
Well, Walsall politics is never dull and following the surprise routing of Labour nationally, despite strong performance from their local Parliamentary candidates, Walsall Council swung back within reach of the Conservatives following the local election count this afternoon.