Because you’re free to read this blog
- October 6th - It’s nice to see a local pub coming back from the... October 6, 2015
- 4th October - And finally, watch out if you’re riding along the... October 5, 2015
- October 4th - The fly agaric are a bit thin on the ground this... October 5, 2015
- October 4th - I have no idea what his name was, but this young... October 5, 2015
- October 4th - A considerably different day, the sun was again... October 5, 2015
- October 3rd - The old railway between Pelsall and Brownhills... October 5, 2015
- October 3rd - A short recovery ride over to Clayhanger Marsh and... October 5, 2015
- October 2nd - The return from Derby was long and leisurely. Lots... October 4, 2015
- October 2nd - As well as Leicester, there will always be a place... October 4, 2015
- October 2nd - The run from Leicester to Derby is lovely, and... October 4, 2015
- October 2nd - I felt this was probably going to be the last good... October 4, 2015
- October 1st - Nice to see the cotoneaster going bright... October 2, 2015
Top Posts & Pages
- 56 bus service: Travel West Midlands to fill the gap
- Funeral arrangements for Michael Cater
- May 1990 - Devastated Wildlife at Clayhanger
- House fire in Vernon Avenue last night
- Van break-in in Shire Oak - be on the lookout, please
- Harden not so fast, sunshine!
- Wood boys hold Heanor Lions at bay
- Details of Shire Oak Pub refurbishment now available
- April 1990 - Threat to close down classrooms
- Withdrawal of 56 bus service: Latest news, and please sign the petition!
- 2,645,502 hits
- 2014 2015 Accident Aldridge appeal away Baker Bond Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger crime Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy freesheet Gazette Good of the Wood history home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos newspaper Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Tesco Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall Police Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC Watling Street West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @D_Aardvark: Jesus. Chief of The Tax Payers' Alliance doesn't actually meet the most basics requirement. He doesn't pay tax. https://t.c… 23 minutes ago
- RT @rafaelbehr: In case anyone thought Hunt had a monopoly on crass and May had cornered the market in nasty. twitter.com/TelePolitics/s… 36 minutes ago
- RT @WalsallWoodFC: 2nd half just started Wood winning at Shifnal 3:1 #FTGOTW 37 minutes ago
- RT @viewfrommyshed: IDS coul;dn't work his way out of a paper bag twitter.com/UKuncut/status… 38 minutes ago
- RT @Buckethandle: Date night in with the missus #sharingplatter http://t.co/MmZpTyqvan 40 minutes ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Chasewater Strollers October 12, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, United Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://brownhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterstrollers
- Chasewater Strollers October 19, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, United Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://brownhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterstrollers
- Chasewater Strollers October 26, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, United Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://brownhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterstrollers
Tag Archives: Walsall
For a few weeks now, I’ve been featuring images here from an archive I haven’t named, but is remarkable – not just for the content, but for the quirkiness and inaccuracy of some of the content.
Sad to report a house fire occurred in the early hours of this morning (Sunday, 4th October 2015) in Vernon Avenue, central Brownhills.
It is with great sadness that I share with readers the passing of a true friend, not just of the blog, but of our borough – Roger ‘Ziksby’ Jones, who passed away as Aldridge Court Nursing Home on Friday 25th September 2015, after suffering Motor Neurones Disease for some time.
For some time now I’ve been promoting the brilliant parent and toddler walking and social group that takes place weekly at Chasewater – Chasewater Strollers, who continue to grow in number and last week got back to normal business at St. Anne’s in Chasetown.
Continue reading →
I’m pushing this one out early as I know some folk may need time to prepare: a week today, Wednesday 30th September 2015 the Member of Parliament for Aldridge Brownhills – your MP Wendy Morton – will hold a surgery at Brownhills Activity Centre, just off the Miner Island in town, from 9am.
Continue reading →
Here’s one for people interested in the issues surrounding Brownhills Common – theres a meeting at 7:00pm this Monday evening 14th September 2015 of the Freinds of Brownhills Common group at the Environmental Depot, 200 Pelsall Road, Brownhills – WS8 7EN – please meet in the reception by 7:00pm.
Friend of the blog Mick Roseblade has kindly dropped me a line to ask if I’d publicise the funeral details for John Seedhouse, who passed away at his home recently – John was a well loved and greatly respected member of the community who will be remembered by many for his love of Walsall Wood FC, which he chaired for a while.