Because you’re free to read this blog
- March 30th - The delightful spring day evaporated late... March 31, 2015
- March 30th - I keep banging on about this, but it is rather... March 31, 2015
- March 29th - It was just an awfully uninspiring day. There were... March 30, 2015
- March 29th - The start of British Summertime, and out of the... March 30, 2015
- March 28th - Another type of life entirely, and one for the cat... March 28, 2015
- March 28th - Even on the greyest days, Brownhills has signs of... March 28, 2015
- March 27th - Hands up, who knew there were still the ruins of a... March 28, 2015
- March 27th - Sunset over the Tame Valley canal, looking from... March 28, 2015
- March 27th - This seems unusual to me - well developed Canada... March 28, 2015
- March 27th - Another afternoon escape, and I hit the canal... March 28, 2015
- March 26th - Love locks seem to be becoming a thing in the UK... March 27, 2015
- March 26th - It was a tough ride; the wind had been forged on... March 27, 2015
Top Posts & Pages
- Do you give a monkeys?
- Sunday puzzle: Who's in this lineup?
- Mining the information
- As the dual carriageway came through
- Dabbling in Heroine
- September 1993 - A day to remember!
- The Wheatsheaf, Brownhills - what do we know?
- What's this stuff about, then?
- A local mining accident - more information available
- The Acropolis cafe shuts; Middle Oak to close and B&M to open in Focus, Aldridge
- 2,180,875 hits
- 2013 2014 2015 Accident Aldridge appeal away Baker Bond Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Brownhills Market Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy Gazette Good of the Wood history home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird mining New Photos Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Ravens Court Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Tesco Tesco Development Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall Police Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC Watling Street West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @Naz_Faulkner: TCV sessions at Darlaston Community Garden! http://t.co/KhuKYUjUpm 47 minutes ago
- RT @distinctlybc: Go and see this building tomorrow facebook.com/distinctlyblac… http://t.co/bDzhZueHQ2 48 minutes ago
- RT @WalsallCouncil: Can you help find the family of a deceased Caldmore man? He may have relatives in the US so please share far and wide h… 1 hour ago
- RT @adrianshort: Digital weapons of the weak: Hashtag hijacking. No-one owns a hashtag. Occupy, engage, divert. #DimblebyLecture 1 hour ago
- RT @adrianshort: Digital weapons of the weak: anonymity/pseudonymity Be opaque to power. Adopt multiple shifting identities or none at all.… 1 hour ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- The Friends of Sandfields Pumping Station
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
No upcoming events
Tag Archives: Walsall Wood
Every so often, I get an intriguing question from a reader right out of the blue – and I had just such an enquiry in today which really has me puzzling from reader Margaret King – this concerns a subject we’ve covered a little before, that of wartime evacuees – and one of the favourite historical concerns of readers: local pubs.
People who follow the blog close will be aware of one particular contributor who’s well-loved by all, has his own distinct style, and never fails to cheer anyone reading his fascinating comments – and today, I can share with readers something remarkable donated by Reg ‘Aer Reg’ Fullelove for us to all to read and digest.
People who follow the blog close will be aware of one particular contributor who’s well-loved by all Continue reading →
Here’s a great Walsall Wood photo supplied to the blog by David Evans, which was supplied by former Walsall Wood FC player John Hyde, who’s trying to put names to some of the faces.
Yesterday afternoon (Saturday, 29th March 2015) Walsall Wood FC faced Westfields at Oak Park, resulting in a decisive and pleasing victory for the Woodmen.
[caption id="attachment_23699" align="aligncenter" width="300"] Walsall Wood mascot. Miss Mollie Stretton ready to lead the players on to the pitch to start the game[/caption] Continue reading →
A couple of days ago I asked for information about a local mining accident, suffered by the Grandfather of reader Gill Joesbury, but the request it was a bit of a mission impossible, as we didn’t have a name to go on – since then, Gill has now been in touch with more information.
Come watch Walsall Wood versus Westfields at Oak Park this afternoon!
Continue reading →
Here’s a quick one to get the researchers scratching their heads – and it’s a very long shot, but please do what you can, I’ve asked for more information from Gill, and I’m hoping she’ll comment here.