Because you’re free to read this blog
- December 5th - Without a functioning rail service, there was no... December 6, 2013
- December 5th - It wasn’t a great day for train travel in... December 6, 2013
- December 4th - Also in South Wigston, a postie’s bike. I... December 4, 2013
- December 4th - I was in Leicester again, but on a better day.... December 4, 2013
- December 4th - Circumstances appear to have dictated that sadly,... December 4, 2013
- December 3rd - An evening ride up to Walsall Wood had me... December 3, 2013
- December 3rd - A better day today. The bug had receded, and I... December 3, 2013
- December 2nd - Still unwell, I had important stuff to attend to... December 3, 2013
- December 1st - I swung past St. James Church in Brownhills to... December 2, 2013
- December 1st - First of all, my apologies. On my main blog I... December 2, 2013
- November 30th - Brownhills has been spoiled rotten this year by... November 30, 2013
- November 30th - A terrible day beset by daft problems, but... November 30, 2013
Top Posts & Pages
- New local history book out soon!
- Walsall Wood FC unexpectedly back in the game - this Saturday!
- Christmas stories and crafts for kids at the library this Saturday!
- Fist of Glory, fists of rage
- The end and the beginning
- Purity was the gift
- Woodmen no match for Tulips
- Local quiz 1
- Sweet James
- What's this stuff about, then?
- 1,025,821 hits
- 2013 Aldridge Andy Dennis bike cam Brownhills Brownhills common Brownhills local history Brownhills Market Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger Countryside Services cuts Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy Good of the Wood Graham Evans history Lichfield Lichfield District Council Lichfield Mercury local blogs Local History Local politics Memories of Brownhills Past Mike Bird mining New Photos Oak Park Ogley Hay Old maps Ordnance Survey Panoramio Peter Cutler planning Police Politics Pubs Ravens Court Redevelopment Reservoir Shire Oak Silly soccer Social media Social Services Staffordshire Stonnall Tesco Tesco Development The Plastic Hippo The YamYam Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall Housing Group Walsall Police Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @drlangtry_girl: Nelson Mandela’s Death Should Breathe New Life into PR mediabistro.com/prnewser/nelso… | Oh PR, go home, you're drunk & your k… 52 minutes ago
- RT @CycleOxford: STOLEN: Cargo bike used weekly by Veg In Clover to deliver veg boxes in #Oxford This can't disappear without trace!! http:… 58 minutes ago
- So true i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/793815… 1 hour ago
- Blimey. Forgot how fucking ace this is youtube.com/watch?v=nG5swe… 1 hour ago
- I see we're getting to the post-storm 'we must have sea defences' calls; they cause worse damage elsewhere. Discredited tech. 1 hour ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- The Friends of Sandfields Pumping Station
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
- Stuff Jimm Rennie Does
- 150 great things about the Underground
- Getting There
- Atomic Spin
- Neil Cowley Trio – La Porte
- Neil Cowley Trio – Hope Machine
- Neil Cowley Trio – The Face Of Mount Molehill
- Neil Cowley Trio – Distance by Clockwork
- Neil Cowley Trio – Slims
- Neil Cowley Trio – Mini Ha Ha
- Neil Cowley Trio – Skies Are Rare
- Neil Cowley Trio – Meyer
- Neil Cowley Trio – Fable
- Neil Cowley Trio – Rooster Was A Witness
Tag Archives: Walsall politics
I think this might be controversial – from recent activity at the site, it seems like the former St. John’s School, in Lichfield Road Walsall Wood, may be about to be demolished, and it’s site possibly redeveloped, together with the derelict bungalow next door.
I noticed last week that revised plans had been submitted for the replacement of the decaying Oak Park Leisure Centre at Walsall Wood – I thought I’d feature them here as a fair few folk are interested in the issue, and it remains somewhat contentious.
There’s been an unfortunate RTA at Walsall Council, and it deserves as wide exposure as possible.
I know I plugged it a couple of days ago, but Walsall Park Rangers are still in need of pallets to build the bonfire for the Holland Park Fireworks event, scheduled to take place this Saturday evening Continue reading
Brownhills Bonfire & Firework Display
At Holland Park
Saturday 2rd November 2013
Enjoy our bonfire and fireworks display, food and children’s rides available
Car Park Entry off The Parade. Pedestrian Entrance is through Chester Road North & The Parade.
I’ve never made any secret of the fact that I love the Black Country with all my heart – this dirty, post-industrial powerhouse of a place has been prominent throughout my life, although, technically, I live outside it. Continue reading
Andy Dennis writes clearly and articulately of the planning history of the Lanes Farm/Sandhills site in light of current angst over a mooted further development – I’m still of the opinion that we’re being trolled for other reasons, but Andy raises some excellent points.
In the miasma of stuff that passes by in the local news stream, I spotted this one from the Express & Star the other day, and It’s puzzled me…
It’s about time I gave some other bloggers a plug again. There’s a wealth of good stuff out there, and I do like to share the posts of those I read and enjoy. For the best in local stuff, always take a punt over to the YamYam for Walsall, or any of its sister sites, The Staffie, The Brummie etc. – just check the ‘beyond’ tab in the menu bar.