Because you’re free to read this blog
- July 30th - Interesting to note the cat population seems to have... July 30, 2014
- July 30th - It still seems too early to me, but it’s the... July 30, 2014
- July 29th - The harvest actually started a few days ago, but I... July 30, 2014
- July 29th - Sorry, more cygnets. I didn’t know about... July 30, 2014
- July 28th - Big dreams, he had them. Better luck next time,... July 29, 2014
- July 28th - Goscote Valley cycleway, on a summer afternoon. This... July 29, 2014
- July 27th - Brownhills High Street. Next time you hear someone... July 27, 2014
- July 27th - On Clayhanger Common, there is a thriving population... July 27, 2014
- July 27th - After a day of unexpected but nice things - a meal... July 27, 2014
- July 26th - I’ve recently discovered Darwin Park - the... July 27, 2014
- July 26th - Taking it easy with the foot, it’s clearly not... July 27, 2014
- July 25th - I nearly squished him (I assume it’s a he),... July 26, 2014
Top Posts & Pages
- Holland Park fun day today - get down there with the kids!
- You can't bank on it
- Mill Road violent assault: two men appear in court
- Get with the programme: Shire Oak School opening day 1967
- Brownhills canal indecent exposure incident
- Funeral arrangements for Gareth Perrins-Seedhouse
- Down the drive at the side...
- The Woodmen scrape past Romulus for a win
- Walsall Wood hold Sporting Khalsa to a draw
- Looking sharp!
- 1,554,310 hits
- 2013 2014 Accident Aldridge appeal Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills common Brownhills local history Brownhills Market Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger cuts Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy Good of the Wood history home Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Mike Bird New Photos Oak Park Old maps Ordnance Survey Panoramio Peter Cutler planning Police Politics Pubs Ravens Court Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Social media Staffordshire Stonnall Tesco Tesco Development The Plastic Hippo The YamYam Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall Police Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC Watling Street West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @WS7weather: WS7 weather report for Hammerwich, Lichfield, Burntwood, Brownhills, Bloxwich and Pelsall areas. wp.me/p18lQi-1dt 2 hours ago
- RT @BadAlbumCovers: Submitted by @NoneDeePlume http://t.co/MM4ZcfpQDC 2 hours ago
- RT @kainey54: Not true. There's a memorial in Cork. Saw it last weekend. @BBCr4today @deGency #r4today 2 hours ago
- #365daysofbiking A dark familiar: ift.tt/1prk8r2 11 hours ago
- #365daysofbiking Fruitful: ift.tt/1tvdnsp 11 hours ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- The Friends of Sandfields Pumping Station
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
- Jonathan Jeremiah – If You Only
- Jonathan Jeremiah – Heart of Stone
- Jonathan Jeremiah – Lost
- Jonathan Jeremiah – Happiness
- Jonathan Jeremiah – Never Gonna
- Jonathan Jeremiah – Justified
- Jonathan Jeremiah – See (It Doesn't Bother Me)
- Jonathan Jeremiah – That Same Old Line
- Jonathan Jeremiah – How Half-Heartedly We Behave
- Jonathan Jeremiah – A Solitary Man
- Chasewater Craft & Farmers Market August 3, 2014 at 10:00 am – 3:00 pm Monthly craft & farmers market run by Bohemian Bunty http://br ownhillsbob.com/2014/04/17/new-craft-and-farmers-market-coming-soon-to-chas ewater/ https://www.facebook.com/events/663879640343062
Tag Archives: Walsall Council
The young David Evans has been at it again, and been has chatting to former teacher,Mrs. Eleanor Holland, who’s supplied this wonderful image of the St. John’s School Infants Class of 1960.
Yet again, the young David Evans has played a blinder and come up with some fantastic images of the classes and staff at Walsall Wood County Primary, which was the school that formerly existed in the youth club building at Streets Corner.
[caption id="attachment_19576" align="aligncenter" width="300"] Image courtesy Eleanor Holland & David Evans.[/caption] Continue reading
A quick one here from the young David Evans, who’s found a couple of gems from the postwar years of the Walsall Wood County Primary School at Streets Corner – this is the building that David returned to recently and documented so beautifully.
I thought today I’d just do a small post highlighting a couple of sites that will be of interest to many readers, but mainly to blog stalwart David Oakley, who I sadly gather hasn’t been in the best of health lately.
It comes I’m sure, as no surprise that Walsall Housing Group (WHG) have been planning a huge new housing development in central Brownhills for some time now – after all, last month I advertised a one-day consultation on plans to build houses on the former site of Silver Court Gardens, behind Silver Court, on land that’s now vacant.
Two Brownhills community activists lock horns in the Walsall Advertiser letters page over the subject of Ravens Court – the exchange is interesting, and deserves to be read widely.
I’ve just noticed this one taking place on Easter Sunday morning (Sunday 20th April 2014) at Holland Park, Brownhills – an easter egg hunt (careful how you say that), kicking off from the play area at 10:30am.