Because you’re free to read this blog
- April 19th - The footpaths around Chasewater’s south shore... April 20, 2014
- April 19th - I was fiddling with a mechanical fault all day. I... April 20, 2014
- April 18th - Between Harlaston and Clifton Campville,... April 18, 2014
- April 18th - A great long ride today, on a warm, wonderful... April 18, 2014
- April 17th - Cowslips everywhere this year. From a rarity 15... April 17, 2014
- April 17th - The minutiae of drainage engineering are wonderful.... April 17, 2014
- April 16th - Of course, the real star of this year’s... April 16, 2014
- April 16th - It’s all about flowers at the moment. I was... April 16, 2014
- 15th April - I noted when passing this evening that the field of... April 15, 2014
- April 15th - I seem to be going through a mechanical rough... April 15, 2014
- April 14th - Clayhanger Common is wonderful. On this sunny,... April 14, 2014
- April 13th - Back up on the Chase for the first decent, dry ride... April 14, 2014
Top Posts & Pages
- Stroll on
- Pity the poor landlord
- Egg-straordinary fun at Holland Park tomorrow!
- A very Good Friday
- New Craft and Farmers Market coming soon to Chasewater
- Child dies in Brownhills Road accident - police statement
- Fatal hit and run in Brownhills - appeal for help
- House fire in Brownhills yesterday
- Woodmen prove there's no meat in Quorn
- Urban Exploration at Linley Caverns, in 1957
- 1,337,749 hits
- 2013 2014 Accident Aldridge Andy Dennis Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills common Brownhills local history Brownhills Market Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger cuts Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy Good of the Wood history home Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics match review Memories of Brownhills Past Mike Bird mining New Photos Oak Park Old maps Ordnance Survey Panoramio Peter Cutler planning Police Politics Pubs Ravens Court Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Tesco Tesco Development The Plastic Hippo The YamYam Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall Police Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC Watling Street West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @brumpic: Collection of old bicycles being demonstrated by members of the Birmingham Small Arms Ltd cycle dispatch staff in 19… http://t… 23 minutes ago
- RT @brenavfc1994: @deanobavfc I will run around clayhanger roundabout naked done it before and I will do it again http://t.co/TENWdJJF7Z 32 minutes ago
- RT @Green_Man_Vimes: Can't decide between Continental Star v Walsall Wood, Romulus v Chasetown or Walsall v Gillingham tomorrow. 32 minutes ago
- RT @SnoozeInBrief: A scientist walks into an error bar and orders 0.8-1.2 beers. 51 minutes ago
- RT @TrussellTrust: Total for #HelpCrackUKHunger appeal has topped £20,000! Overwhelmed! Let's keep going to help more families in crisis>ht… 53 minutes ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- The Friends of Sandfields Pumping Station
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
- Stuff Jimm Rennie Does
- 150 great things about the Underground
- Getting There
- Atomic Spin
- Appletree Theatre – You're the Biggest Thing
- Ooberon – Ooh (All I Wanted)
- Mr. Solo – Home Sick Home
- Latin Quarter – Blameless
- Appletree Theatre – Don't Blame It on Your Wife
- Euphoria – Sweet Rain
- ABC – All Of My Heart
- The Hold Steady – Sequestered In Memphis
- George Benson – Cast Your Fate To The Wind
- Echo & the Bunnymen – Silver
Tag Archives: Walsall Council
I’ve just noticed this one taking place on Easter Sunday morning (Sunday 20th April 2014) at Holland Park, Brownhills – an easter egg hunt (careful how you say that), kicking off from the play area at 10:30am.
Five years ago, when I started this blog, one of the largest looming topics was that of the then proposed new Tesco Store in Brownhills – we’d been through a consultation, and the proposal was to build a large hypermarket fronting the High Street.
I’ve noticed over the five years that this blog has been running that it brings out often hidden sides to readers, and uncovers talents folk didn’t know they had – the young David Evans of late has been discovering a new talent for a genteel, polite form of Urban Exploration.
I’ve had an interesting enquiry from Laura Watkins, about the cemetery in Barnetts Lane, Brownhills, and it’s a little unusual in nature.
Over the past couple of posts, the subject of Holland Park in Brownhills has come up, and reader Peter asked where it got it’s name – I knew it was named after Hyla John Holland, one of the great names in the history of Brownhills, but I realised I didn’t know much about the chap, or exactly what he did beyond being a councillor.
This is the first Christmas Magic event since 2011, and it looks to be a cracker – there will be loads to do and see, like a free artificial skating rink in Ravens Court, local choir carolling, tons of stuff for kids of all ages, and even donkeys!
Well, it’s that time of year again – I noticed today that posters were up for this year’s Brownhills Christmas Magic event, and thought I’d better get hold of a copy and run it on the blog.
I think this might be controversial – from recent activity at the site, it seems like the former St. John’s School, in Lichfield Road Walsall Wood, may be about to be demolished, and it’s site possibly redeveloped, together with the derelict bungalow next door.
I noticed last week that revised plans had been submitted for the replacement of the decaying Oak Park Leisure Centre at Walsall Wood – I thought I’d feature them here as a fair few folk are interested in the issue, and it remains somewhat contentious.