Because you’re free to read this blog
- October 22nd - Spotted in Darlaston after a tipoff by [Howmuch?]... October 23, 2014
- October 22nd - In the offices of Smarm, Smarm, Bignob and... October 22, 2014
- October 21st - I was lamenting a couple of days ago that the... October 22, 2014
- October 21st - A dreadful wind and threatening rain menaced me... October 22, 2014
- October 20th - Oh my goodness this is clever, but I’ve... October 21, 2014
- October 20th - I had to pop into Walsall Wood on my way home, so... October 21, 2014
- October 19th- a busy, fraught and not terribly productive day, I... October 20, 2014
- October 18th - Certainly seeing that family with five cygnets... October 20, 2014
- October 18th - In Pelsall to meet a pal for lunch, I spotted the... October 20, 2014
- October 17th - I came back from Shenstone just as darkness was... October 20, 2014
- October 17th - The morning commute was damp, and a little... October 20, 2014
- October 16th - I’ve come to the conclusion there’s... October 20, 2014
Top Posts & Pages
- Breaking the ground
- Walsall Wood Councillor Mike Flower to stand down at next election
- Walsall Wood in Wonderland...
- Stolen Landrover - please keep an eye out, folks
- Brownhills Bonfire 2014 - can you help with pallets?
- The Rovers return...
- A Christmas market for Brownhills?
- Building your new transport network... in 1974
- Brownhills Bonfire & Fireworks tonight at Holland Park!
- 1,750,836 hits
- 2013 2014 Accident Aldridge appeal Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills common Brownhills local history Brownhills Market Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger cuts Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy Good of the Wood history home Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics match review Mike Bird New Photos Oak Park Old maps Panoramio Peter Cutler planning Police Politics Pubs Ravens Court Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Social media Staffordshire Stonnall Tesco Tesco Development The Plastic Hippo The YamYam Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall Police Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC Watling Street West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @standardnews: Estate agents in Notting Hill shows porn instead of houses from TV display screens bit.ly/1yqHFvX http://t.co/E5w… 56 minutes ago
- RT @Highgatemums: "How can they really claim poverty when they have a television? Or carpets?" 56 minutes ago
- RT @WS7weather: WS7 weather report for Hammerwich, Lichfield, Burntwood, Brownhills, Bloxwich and Pelsall areas. wp.me/p18lQi-1gU 1 hour ago
- RT @IRISHBLOKE: .@dracdrum God says your father is satan. I believe a perfect God who cannot lie over a #dumbatheist every day of the week… 7 hours ago
- RT @IRISHBLOKE: @dracdrum I'm not concerned with what a talking ape thinks of me. #dumbatheist @lesliedalehicks @SecularJoke 7 hours ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- The Friends of Sandfields Pumping Station
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
- George Winston – Eight Five Five
- George Winston – Treat Street
- George Winston – A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving
- George Winston – Monterey
- George Winston – The Great Pumpkin Waltz
- George Winston – Linus & Lucy
- George Winston – Skating
- George Winston – Cast Your Fate To The Wind
- George Winston – The Red Baron
- George Winston – Theme to Grace/Lament
No upcoming events
Tag Archives: Vigo
Here’s another great instalment from the series I started a couple of months ago, chronicling the memories of Walsall Wood lady Audrey Proffitt, carefully and faithfully transcribed by reader and Walsall Wood correspondent David Evans.
Here’s another great instalment from the series I started a couple of months ago, chronicling the memories of Walsall Wood lady Audrey Proffitt, carefully and faithfully transcribed by reader and Walsall Wood correspondent David Evans. Continue reading
That there Young David Evans has been busy again investigating the physical geography of the land between Walsall Wood and Aldridge, at Kings Hayes and The Vigo – David has previously done some excellent work on the landscape and history of Walsall Wood, and this article continues that trend.
In the modern world of asphalted roads, acres of hardstanding and housing estates by the square mile, we tend to forget that our landscape is riddled with lost brooks, springs, natural drains and man-made culverts, and all have to be managed to prevent flood and ensure adequate drainage, whilst still maintaining irrigation.
[caption id="attachment_14409" align="aligncenter" width="300"] The water is clean and flows well at this point. Image supplied by David Evans.[/caption] Continue reading