Because you’re free to read this blog
- July 24th - Further on, at Sandhills, a fine crop of maize.... July 24, 2014
- July 24th - One of the sights of summer I’ve so far missed... July 24, 2014
- July 23rd - Riding back home this evening, something shiny in... July 23, 2014
- July 23rd - in the Goscote Valley on my way to work, as the day... July 23, 2014
- July 22nd - The Mad Old Baggage noted the other day that... July 22, 2014
- July 22nd - I think this must be the earliest I’ve ever... July 22, 2014
- July 21st - The lads are still working hard in a field further... July 21, 2014
- 21st July - It’s been a lovely day, but the ride home was... July 21, 2014
- July 20th - A day coloured mainly by the sad news of the loss of... July 20, 2014
- July 20th - Last week, I noted a quantity of sectional piling... July 20, 2014
- July 19th - I was still suffering with my left foot, so rest was... July 20, 2014
- July 19th - I see this wonderful Christiana cargo bike about a... July 20, 2014
Top Posts & Pages
- Brownhills canal indecent exposure incident
- Funeral arrangements for Gareth Perrins-Seedhouse
- Body found in search for missing lady Amanda Hawkins
- Brownhills Indecent Exposure incident - e-fit photo released
- Assault on dog walker in Brownhills: take care people
- On the loss of a great, great man
- Tividale outshine Walsall Wood
- Shire Oak's buried secret...
- 2014 Walsall local election results - there may be trouble ahead
- 1,537,642 hits
- 2013 2014 Accident Aldridge appeal Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills common Brownhills local history Brownhills Market Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger cuts Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy Good of the Wood history home Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Mike Bird New Photos Oak Park Old maps Ordnance Survey Panoramio Peter Cutler planning Police Politics Pubs Ravens Court Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Social media Staffordshire Stonnall Tesco Tesco Development The Plastic Hippo The YamYam Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall Police Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC Watling Street West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @helen_wildheart: Found this cute caterpillar munching. It will become a Vapourer moth if it's lucky. http://t.co/USE96ig9E3 46 minutes ago
- RT @MunicipalDreams: More on the idealistic Stowlawn Green Estate in Bilston from @distinctlybc here: bit.ly/1qDUOC0 1 hour ago
- RT @Cynx: Happy Sysadmin Day to all my brothers and sisters out there! Thank you! http://t.co/8nwlzRDOe9 1 hour ago
- RT @bengoldacre: I remind you: MPs are *elected* by MPs onto Select C'ttees, Tredinnick was chosen by the tories for science + health http:… 1 hour ago
- RT @Slate: That time the United States blew up a passenger plane-and tried to cover it up: slate.me/1nVIMfp http://t.co/etdiUvFHMi 1 hour ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- The Friends of Sandfields Pumping Station
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
- Tangerine Dream – Alaskan Summer
- Iron & Wine – Grace For Saints And Ramblers
- Jonathan Jeremiah – A Solitary Man
- Jonathan Jeremiah – If You Only
- Jonathan Jeremiah – Heart of Stone
- Jonathan Jeremiah – Lost
- Jonathan Jeremiah – Happiness
- Jonathan Jeremiah – Wreck and Ruin
- Jonathan Jeremiah – See (It Doesn't Bother Me)
- Jonathan Jeremiah – Come and Get It
- Chasewater Craft & Farmers Market August 3, 2014 at 10:00 am – 3:00 pm Monthly craft & farmers market run by Bohemian Bunty http://br ownhillsbob.com/2014/04/17/new-craft-and-farmers-market-coming-soon-to-chas ewater/ https://www.facebook.com/events/663879640343062
Tag Archives: Vandalism
Two Brownhills community activists lock horns in the Walsall Advertiser letters page over the subject of Ravens Court – the exchange is interesting, and deserves to be read widely.
Five years ago, when I started this blog, one of the largest looming topics was that of the then proposed new Tesco Store in Brownhills – we’d been through a consultation, and the proposal was to build a large hypermarket fronting the High Street.
Here’s a quick one – a lovely photo sent in by Marion Jones from her father’s collection – a photo of a grassfire on the land that would become Clayhanger Common, but it’s not the grassfire itself (and this is a fine picture of that), it’s what’s going on in the background.
A Birmingham timelapse from 7inch cinema a bit of a treat for a Saturday afternoon – this incredible video was shared on Twitter this morning by wonderful Brummy twitter account @Brumpics.
I’ve never made any secret of the fact that I love the Black Country with all my heart – this dirty, post-industrial powerhouse of a place has been prominent throughout my life, although, technically, I live outside it. Continue reading
Some time ago, reader and Bon Viveur David Evans found this image for sale at a church fayre in Brownhills, at I believe at St James – he didn’t purchase it, but he did take a crafty snapshot.
In the miasma of stuff that passes by in the local news stream, I spotted this one from the Express & Star the other day, and It’s puzzled me…
It’s about time I gave some other bloggers a plug again. There’s a wealth of good stuff out there, and I do like to share the posts of those I read and enjoy. For the best in local stuff, always take a punt over to the YamYam for Walsall, or any of its sister sites, The Staffie, The Brummie etc. – just check the ‘beyond’ tab in the menu bar.