Because you’re free to read this blog
- May 21st - Laburnum, or golden chain is one of the most... May 22, 2015
- May 20th - I’m intrigued by these deep yellow poppies, which... May 21, 2015
- May 20th - I had reservations about the fate of the Kings Hill... May 21, 2015
- May 19th - Most of the day, the weather was dynamic. Sun, rain,... May 19, 2015
- May19th - I set off in reasonable weather. The coos of Jockey... May 19, 2015
- May 18th - At Clayhanger on the canal, in a much more temperate... May 19, 2015
- May 18th - Ah, so commence the annual cygnet search. On the way... May 19, 2015
- May 17th - Only a short ride today, as my stomach was bad and I... May 18, 2015
- May 16th - Everybody go home, I’ve found the king of the... May 18, 2015
- May 16th - Second day running with a decent ride, although the... May 18, 2015
- May 15th - I was pleased to note while in Birmingham that a... May 18, 2015
- May 15th - Springtime canal cycling. I got 99 problems, and most... May 18, 2015
Top Posts & Pages
- Travellers pitch up at Oak Park
- Great news - missing Walsall teenager found safe and well
- Urgent police appeal: Please help find missing Walsall teenager
- Walsall Woodstock 2015 - a free spirit
- Details of Shire Oak Pub refurbishment now available
- Oak Park: this doesn't smell right
- Join the adventure - try Scouting this Saturday!
- Police appeal: Please help find missing Walsall Wood teenager
- Walsall Woodstock two day music festival this weekend!
- Walsall Wood 1871 Inclosure
- 2,311,822 hits
- 2014 2015 Accident Aldridge appeal away Baker Bond Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy freesheet Gazette Good of the Wood history home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos newspaper Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Ravens Court Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Tesco Tesco Development Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall Police Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC Watling Street West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @OreoSpeedwagon_: My mother has taught me to be exactly who I want to be and would tell anyone who tried to control her to fuck off. ht… 4 hours ago
- I must say, after a week of being run ragged, nice to watch someone else arguing on FB and not me 4 hours ago
- RT @catnip: @paradisecircus http://t.co/kT9xuDi5PM 4 hours ago
- RT @ladyhaja: Genuine LOL http://t.co/C4XZn04LPB 4 hours ago
- RT @66usual: @BrownhillsBob @abesoddworld FB at it's worst. Hate mobs. Flaming torches. Targeting kids. Vile. This country hates children. … 5 hours ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- The Friends of Sandfields Pumping Station
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
- Chasewater Strollers May 25, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
Tag Archives: Vandalism
In recent days, there has been a traveller encampment at Aldridge Airport, which has now moved on, whilst another has sprung up on the Oak Park playing field near to the Football Club in Walsall Wood.
On or around April 29th 2015, the Four Crosses Pub – the last true boozer in Shelfield, and a popular local pub I’ve enjoyed in the past – closed suddenly, and was boarded up, which has caused understandable outrage amongst pub-goers and real ale fans in the area.
A couple of days ago, I featured here the curious case of the missing dog poo bin just behind Chandlers Keep near the canal in Brownhills – local dog walkers were unhappy at the disappearance of the well used disposal point.
OK – no mucking around, enough is enough – someone has nicked a bin full of dog poo, we’re mad as hell and we’re not going to take it any more!
Continue reading →
A reader living at the Chester Road end of Friezland Lane in Shire Oak has been in touch with me asking to share with readers that he had his van broken into and tools stolen last night (Tuesday 21st-Wednesday 22nd April 2015).
I just want to take a moment to say thanks to all who shared and kept an eye out for the silver mountain bike stolen from Brownhills High Street last Sunday Morning – the lad who had the bike taken sadly doesn’t have it back (any info still appreciated) but I and his mum would like to thank those of you who offered to help in so many ways. Continue reading →
Hi folks – while I’m prodding the hardware with a long stick, there’s an important shout out I need to make for a young lad who does a paper round for Downes Newsagents in Brownhills.
Continue reading →