Because you’re free to read this blog
- October 2nd - The return from Derby was long and leisurely. Lots... October 4, 2015
- October 2nd - As well as Leicester, there will always be a place... October 4, 2015
- October 2nd - The run from Leicester to Derby is lovely, and... October 4, 2015
- October 2nd - I felt this was probably going to be the last good... October 4, 2015
- October 1st - Nice to see the cotoneaster going bright... October 2, 2015
- October 1st - Although the wonderful Indian summer continues,... October 2, 2015
- September 30th - Sadly, my morning photos came out terrible... September 30, 2015
- September 29th - But still, there’s colour. There aren’t many... September 30, 2015
- September 29th - Jockey Meadows and the surrounding farmland are... September 30, 2015
- September 28th - Nipping from Stonnall over to Walsall Wood on... September 29, 2015
- September 28th - Quite a find for me, and only the second time... September 29, 2015
- September 27th - On the canal near Newtown, Brownhills,... September 29, 2015
Top Posts & Pages
- House fire in Vernon Avenue last night
- Van break-in in Shire Oak - be on the lookout, please
- Train spotted
- The people in charge - in 1934
- Narrow gauge minded
- A true friend of Walsall
- A really good night in for Macmillan - at King Street Club this Monday!
- Harden not so fast, sunshine!
- Withdrawal of 56 bus service: Latest news, and please sign the petition!
- Walsall Wood sadly no match for Hereford
- 2,640,736 hits
- 2014 2015 Accident Aldridge appeal away Baker Bond Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger crime Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy freesheet Gazette Good of the Wood history home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos newspaper Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Tesco Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall Police Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC Watling Street West Midlands Police Wildlife
- Suppose I could go full-on Pelsall and advertise with duckings and sacrifices on the Common 14 minutes ago
- I didn't know you could just abandon groups on FB to the four winds. Rudderless. So, now I've got a group. Not sure what to do with it 15 minutes ago
- I didn't plan to. FB asked me if I wanted to be Admin, so I thought it would be rude not to. Then I found I was the only admin. Like what? 16 minutes ago
- On the subject of odd occurrences, I took vacant possession of a Pelsall Group on FB this morning. 16 minutes ago
- 'i've only just begun to decompose, because my bonkers bro had me embalmed' 37 minutes ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Chasewater Strollers October 5, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, United Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://brownhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterstrollers
- Chasewater Strollers October 12, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, United Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://brownhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterstrollers
- Chasewater Strollers October 19, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, United Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://brownhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterstrollers
Tag Archives: threat
Things seem to be going a bit awry at Walsall Council of late.
I notice from a report in yesterday’s Walsall Express & Star that park rangers in Walsall will be cut in April 2013 from 23 to 10 posts. This is despite a theoretically ongoing ‘budget consultation’, and totally contrary to statements made to Linda Mason and Roger Jones, of Save Walsall’s Green Spaces and Countryside Services, by Walsall Council officers Jamie Morris and Mark Holden.
In all the debate about the greenspace in Walsall, and the approach of our civic leaders towards this valuable asset, one comment made by a reader here stuck in many minds. I personally found it jarring, and somewhat misguided.
The post was Spirit of the Greenwood, and the comment went as follows:
Following the protest on Monday, 19th November outside the Council House in Walsall, lead members of the Save Walsall’s Greenspace and Country Services Group, Linda Mason and Roger Jones attended a meeting with Walsall Council officers Jamie Morris and Mark Holden.
Nice to see a good turnout last night for the Save Walsall’s Green Spaces and Countryside Services Group protest vigil at the Council House, where a meeting of the Council was taking place. Following publicity throughout the Walsall online community, and much hard work on the part of concerned protestors, it’s becoming clear that the message is getting through to our elected representatives.
Continue reading →
There’s a great post up now on the blog of the campaign to Save Walsalls Green Spaces and Countryside Services. This is the subject I’ve been banging on about so much recently.
Written by Roger ‘Ziksby’ Jones, and featuring his artwork, the post is a wonderful expression of the aims and urgency of the group.
Continue reading →
I noticed last week that heathland improvement works were planned by Walsall’s Counctry Services team – that’s the rangers I’ve posted so much about lately – at Shire Oak Park Local Nature Reserve in Brownhills.
Continue reading →
People concerned about cuts to Walsall Countryside Services, the Ranger Team and related issues – as outlined here previously – can now sign the petition over at Walsall Council’s website. It’s completely electronic, and is administered as part of Walsall’s Democratic Services. If the petition gets enough support, it will be raised at full council.
Continue reading →