Because you’re free to read this blog
- August 20th - In late summer, in an overcast moment, Coppice (or... August 21, 2014
- August 20th - I had to pop into Walsall for some bits and pieces... August 21, 2014
- August 19th - I’m fussy about brakes. Very fussy indeed.... August 19, 2014
- August 19th - This is Victoria Park in Darlaston, once a railway... August 19, 2014
- August 18th - He was only a kitten, really; a sharp eyed, keen... August 19, 2014
- August 18th - If you haven’t noticed by now, I love... August 19, 2014
- 17th August - At Home Farm, Sandhills, the harvest seems... August 18, 2014
- August 17th - If you listen to many opinions in these parts,... August 18, 2014
- August 16th - This young grey heron was fishing in the canal,... August 17, 2014
- August 16th - Heading back towards Chasewater, I noticed the... August 17, 2014
- April 16th - Spinning up to Screwfix in Walsall Wood, I noticed... August 17, 2014
- August 15th - Climbing the hill from Stonnall, I passed the... August 17, 2014
Top Posts & Pages
- Demolition, man?
- If the kids are united
- Walsall residents urged to keep an eye-out for distraction duo
- School daze
- Road closure in Brownhills from tomorrow
- Going clubbing up The Wood
- Hednesford Road hit and run: police issue full statement
- Back where it all began
- Important appeal: Did you know Michael Syrett?
- This won't hurt - Images of St. Matthews Hospital, Burntwood
- 1,621,618 hits
- 2013 2014 Accident Aldridge appeal Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills common Brownhills local history Brownhills Market Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger cuts Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy Good of the Wood history home Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics match review Mike Bird New Photos Oak Park Old maps Panoramio Peter Cutler planning Police Politics Pubs Ravens Court Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Social media Staffordshire Stonnall Tesco Tesco Development The Plastic Hippo The YamYam Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall Police Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC Watling Street West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @KittyCormack: A 14 year old girl has been sectioned 250 miles away from home due to a lack of beds anywhere closer http://t.co/gd9AVIII… 16 minutes ago
- RT @onebuttonmonkey: No one, anywhere, is currently thinking: "Oh good. Nigel Farage is talking about Islam. This will be insightful and co… 17 minutes ago
- RT @mickysix6: SWALLOW DORETTI NEWS LETTER wp.me/p4evrP-12a 36 minutes ago
- RT @AllAboutWalsall: @GedNeilAlex @walsallwhg 6 weeks is a long time to fill. Good work putting something on in the week, plenty happening … 42 minutes ago
- RT @hotpixUK: A great Walsall by the sea event today at #whg eating cakes, raising funds for #whg2024 Nepal charity project 8-) http://t.co… 42 minutes ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- The Friends of Sandfields Pumping Station
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
- Chasewater Strollers August 25, 2014 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
- Chasewater Craft & Farmers Market September 7, 2014 at 10:00 am – 3:00 pm Monthly craft & farmers market run by Bohemian Bunty http://br ownhillsbob.com/2014/04/17/new-craft-and-farmers-market-coming-soon-to-chas ewater/ https://www.facebook.com/events/663879640343062
Tag Archives: threat
Things seem to be going a bit awry at Walsall Council of late.
I notice from a report in yesterday’s Walsall Express & Star that park rangers in Walsall will be cut in April 2013 from 23 to 10 posts. This is despite a theoretically ongoing ‘budget consultation’, and totally contrary to statements made to Linda Mason and Roger Jones, of Save Walsall’s Green Spaces and Countryside Services, by Walsall Council officers Jamie Morris and Mark Holden.
In all the debate about the greenspace in Walsall, and the approach of our civic leaders towards this valuable asset, one comment made by a reader here stuck in many minds. I personally found it jarring, and somewhat misguided.
The post was Spirit of the Greenwood, and the comment went as follows:
Following the protest on Monday, 19th November outside the Council House in Walsall, lead members of the Save Walsall’s Greenspace and Country Services Group, Linda Mason and Roger Jones attended a meeting with Walsall Council officers Jamie Morris and Mark Holden.
Nice to see a good turnout last night for the Save Walsall’s Green Spaces and Countryside Services Group protest vigil at the Council House, where a meeting of the Council was taking place. Following publicity throughout the Walsall online community, and much hard work on the part of concerned protestors, it’s becoming clear that the message is getting through to our elected representatives.
Continue reading →
There’s a great post up now on the blog of the campaign to Save Walsalls Green Spaces and Countryside Services. This is the subject I’ve been banging on about so much recently.
Written by Roger ‘Ziksby’ Jones, and featuring his artwork, the post is a wonderful expression of the aims and urgency of the group.
Continue reading →
I noticed last week that heathland improvement works were planned by Walsall’s Counctry Services team – that’s the rangers I’ve posted so much about lately – at Shire Oak Park Local Nature Reserve in Brownhills.
Continue reading →
People concerned about cuts to Walsall Countryside Services, the Ranger Team and related issues – as outlined here previously – can now sign the petition over at Walsall Council’s website. It’s completely electronic, and is administered as part of Walsall’s Democratic Services. If the petition gets enough support, it will be raised at full council.
Continue reading →
The text of the following article was written by Stuart Williams of The Bloxwich Telegraph, and I reproduce it here to emphasise the campaign I mentioned here on Saturday. If you care about Walsall’s green space, please do join us.
The movement is gathering pace and I implore anyone who cares to get involved.
This is really important. You’ll recall that a couple of weeks ago I, and other members of the local online community made a passionate plea for the preservation of the Walsall Council Countryside Services team, and the vital work they … Continue reading →
One thing I hope comes through from my work online – both on this blog, and on my 365daysofbiking journal – is my huge passion for being outdoors. Pretty much everything I write is somehow related to turning the computer off, and going outside and exploring the best of whats around.
As predicted, the wonderful Morgan Bowers – Senior Countryside Ranger for Walsall Council – has really smashed this blogging thing. The dust has barely settled from setting the blog up, and Morgan is already writing hard-hitting, controversial posts and giving … Continue reading →