Because you’re free to read this blog
- July 2nd - I cycled home in steady, warm rain - but the... July 2, 2015
- July 2nd - In Darlaston, a gentle precipitation; sweet-smelling,... July 2, 2015
- July 1st - Also on the canal, near Bentley Mill Way, flowering... July 2, 2015
- July 1st - The Pleck swans were cool in the heat this morning,... July 2, 2015
- June 30th - Looking almost frosted on the warmest day of the... July 1, 2015
- June 30th - There’s a Matt Smith fan in Darlaston - what else... July 1, 2015
- June 29th - Intrigued and saddened to see the Four Crosses pub... June 30, 2015
- June 29th - I’m loving the orchids this year - they seem to have... June 29, 2015
- faz0la: I saw this friendly chap in the garden of a cottage I... June 29, 2015
- faz0la: My post morning jog view. June 29, 2015
- June 28th - Later in the day, I had to run into Aldridge on an... June 29, 2015
- June 28th - Feeling better, and a trundle to Brownhills... June 29, 2015
Top Posts & Pages
- Sports equipment stolen from Millfield School
- July 1995 - Brownhills Carnival
- No longer up the creek - Millfield School's canoe returned!
- A working man
- Does anyone know where Spring Nob is?
- The end and the beginning
- Aldridge Cinema - come see The Lego Movie this afternoon!
- 2015 Walsall Wood Family Fit 'n' Fun Day this Saturday
- Walsall Wood 1871 Inclosure
- Chartered flight
- 2,413,874 hits
- 2014 2015 Accident Aldridge appeal away Baker Bond Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy freesheet Gazette Good of the Wood history home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos newspaper Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Ravens Court Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Tesco Tesco Development Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall Police Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC West Midlands Police Wildlife
- On reflection, stoking it through Trafalgar Square with Leftfield's 'Bad Radio in one ear was always going to be mega 10 minutes ago
- RT @HippoGriffinus: That's never Brownhills! twitter.com/lykkeli/status… 11 minutes ago
- RT @HippoGriffinus: @Bloxwich_shaun @WalsallCouncil will you fight to keep the Independent Living Fund protected? expressandstar.com/news/local-new… @E… 13 minutes ago
- RT @ArboRangerMark: Fancy a guided walk along the Arboretum's Tree Trail? Come for a stroll on Thursday 9th July, 6pm, no need to book :) h… 13 minutes ago
- RT @wolvesparkies: #SaveTheDate http://t.co/cp0ftTmEh1 13 minutes ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- The Friends of Sandfields Pumping Station
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
- Neil Cowley Trio – Sirens Last Look Back
- Neil Cowley Trio – La Porte
- Neil Cowley Trio – Hope Machine
- Neil Cowley Trio – The Face Of Mount Molehill
- Neil Cowley Trio – Distance by Clockwork
- Neil Cowley Trio – Slims
- Neil Cowley Trio – Mini Ha Ha
- Neil Cowley Trio – Skies Are Rare
- Neil Cowley Trio – Meyer
- Neil Cowley Trio – Fable
- Chasewater Strollers July 6, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
- Chasewater Strollers July 13, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
- Chasewater Strollers July 20, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
Tag Archives: Things to do
I like this one – over the weekend an enquiry came in from friend of the blog Gillian Gaiser, as to the location of a place she members being called Spring Nob.
Continue reading →
Sadly, the sun didn’t make it along until late in the day, but even without the sunshine it was a great event – Brownhills Canalside Festival was back for 2015 – and with Brian Stringer at the helm, it was a a great event and a fun thing for the local community.
The revival of the Chase Inn at Newtown, Brownhills continues apace – there’s not only great ale and a warm, welcoming atmosphere, but great live music most weekends, too – this Saturday (27th June 2015) you can catch top rated folk punk rock band The Bleeding Hearts from 9pm, and in the afternoon slot on Sunday (28th June 2015) hillbilly skiffle band The Fabled Finks play from 4-7pm.
This Saturday, 27th June 2015 sees the Pelsall 1940s Wartime Family Fun Day, with lots to see and do in the village, focussed on the common and High Street areas.
Continue reading →
It’s been a while since the end of the season and we last heard from Bill Shaw or the folks at Walsall Wood Football Club – I can rectify that right now with the following wonderful message from Bill Shaw, who’s written a catch up note, a brief explanation of the start of the season and and is also appealing for help at the club.
Sandfields Pumping Station champion and public historian extraordinaire Dave Moore has been in touch to let me know that tonight (Thursday 25th June 2015) there is a public progress meeting for the Lichfield Waterworks Trust charity, formerly the Friends of Sandfields Pumping Station group.
Continue reading →
Old friend of the blog Reg ‘Aer Reg’ Fullelove has been at it again – and this time, he’s written a fabulous piece on his early working days as an electricity supply engineer for the Chasetown Electricity Board, in the very earliest days of domestic supply.
Continue reading →