Because you’re free to read this blog
- November 26th - After the wet, grey and unpleasant morning, it... November 26, 2015
- November 26th - Spotted in a works bike rack, this fine steed. A... November 26, 2015
- November 26th - Yet another wet, miserable commute, and I feel I... November 26, 2015
- November 25th - Another good one for Bob’s big book of bizarre... November 25, 2015
- November 25th - Spotted on a damp Darlaston canal towpath just... November 25, 2015
- November 24th - Working very late, I returned sapped of mental... November 25, 2015
- November 23rd - it’s been a while coming this year, but a hard... November 24, 2015
- November 23rd - It was a bitterly cold morning - or at least, it... November 24, 2015
- November 22nd - A run around Brownhills and up to Chasewater on... November 23, 2015
- November 22nd - Time for a warning to local cyclists again.The... November 23, 2015
- November 21st - A late spin around Brownhills after a long day,... November 23, 2015
- November 20th - Spotted in Victoria Park, Darlaston, toadstools... November 23, 2015
Top Posts & Pages
- 2,784,410 hits
- 2014 2015 Accident Aldridge appeal away Baker Bond Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger crime Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy free freesheet Gazette Good of the Wood history home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos newspaper Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Tesco Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC Watling Street West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @ajrobinson75: The brownHILLS have eyes #LancashireFilmsorTV 7 hours ago
- RT @Classic_picx: British rock group The Stone Roses have announced they are to tour again. Pictured here in 2013. https://t.co/Ag5HTsPI6U 15 hours ago
- RT @IanDunt: For the record, any uni inviting Hopkins deserves to be embarrassed. You're not LBC. You're a centre of academic study. Have s… 15 hours ago
- And remember, most of all, I'm... https://t.co/PfomydhSCy 15 hours ago
- And that's because https://t.co/n6xJTYuqBO 15 hours ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Chasewater Strollers November 30, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, United Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://brownhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterstrollers
- Chasewater Strollers December 7, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, United Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://brownhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterstrollers
- Chasewater Strollers December 14, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, United Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://brownhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterstrollers
Tag Archives: The Clayhanger Kid
Friend of the blog, community activist and Clayhanger Kid himself, Brian Stringer has sent the above image of a local football team and is desperately trying to identify the unknown chap (who is, I believe centre front row).
Last week I noted that the wonderful Brian Stringer had a new book out about his times being involved with community football with local teams Clayhanger Colts Under 12s and Walsall Wood FC.
It’s always nice to see local folk writing about local history, their lives and experiences and their view of the world – and one of the best locally is community activist Brian Stringer, who wrote to me yesterday to tell me he has a new book for sale chronicling his involvement with local community football.
I received a message today from friend of the blog and top local campaigner Brian Stringer, author of the best-selling (and now sold out) book The Clayhanger Kid – Brian is in a bit of a pickle – he’s still got people asking for copies of his first book, but sadly, he has none left.
Continue reading →
If you’re in Brownhills on Saturday, it would be an excellent opportunity to purchase a signed copy of Brian Stringer’s excellent ‘Clayhanger Kid Two: The Teenage Years’, the sequel to his very successful first ‘Clayhanger Kid’ book.
Continue reading →
I see that there Brian Stringer has a new book out – Brian is a local lad and longtime resident of the area, who’s well known to locals, both for his community work and interest in local history.
I had a message a few days ago from The Clayhanger Kid himself, Brian Stringer. He’s involved with a new community liaison project going on at Holland Park Surgery, the medical practice operating from The Parkview Centre in Brownhills. Hi … Continue reading →