Because you’re free to read this blog
- August 20th - In late summer, in an overcast moment, Coppice (or... August 21, 2014
- August 20th - I had to pop into Walsall for some bits and pieces... August 21, 2014
- August 19th - I’m fussy about brakes. Very fussy indeed.... August 19, 2014
- August 19th - This is Victoria Park in Darlaston, once a railway... August 19, 2014
- August 18th - He was only a kitten, really; a sharp eyed, keen... August 19, 2014
- August 18th - If you haven’t noticed by now, I love... August 19, 2014
- 17th August - At Home Farm, Sandhills, the harvest seems... August 18, 2014
- August 17th - If you listen to many opinions in these parts,... August 18, 2014
- August 16th - This young grey heron was fishing in the canal,... August 17, 2014
- August 16th - Heading back towards Chasewater, I noticed the... August 17, 2014
- April 16th - Spinning up to Screwfix in Walsall Wood, I noticed... August 17, 2014
- August 15th - Climbing the hill from Stonnall, I passed the... August 17, 2014
Top Posts & Pages
- Demolition, man?
- If the kids are united
- Walsall residents urged to keep an eye-out for distraction duo
- School daze
- Road closure in Brownhills from tomorrow
- Going clubbing up The Wood
- Hednesford Road hit and run: police issue full statement
- Back where it all began
- Important appeal: Did you know Michael Syrett?
- This won't hurt - Images of St. Matthews Hospital, Burntwood
- 1,621,618 hits
- 2013 2014 Accident Aldridge appeal Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills common Brownhills local history Brownhills Market Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger cuts Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy Good of the Wood history home Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics match review Mike Bird New Photos Oak Park Old maps Panoramio Peter Cutler planning Police Politics Pubs Ravens Court Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Social media Staffordshire Stonnall Tesco Tesco Development The Plastic Hippo The YamYam Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall Police Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC Watling Street West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @KittyCormack: A 14 year old girl has been sectioned 250 miles away from home due to a lack of beds anywhere closer http://t.co/gd9AVIII… 16 minutes ago
- RT @onebuttonmonkey: No one, anywhere, is currently thinking: "Oh good. Nigel Farage is talking about Islam. This will be insightful and co… 17 minutes ago
- RT @mickysix6: SWALLOW DORETTI NEWS LETTER wp.me/p4evrP-12a 36 minutes ago
- RT @AllAboutWalsall: @GedNeilAlex @walsallwhg 6 weeks is a long time to fill. Good work putting something on in the week, plenty happening … 42 minutes ago
- RT @hotpixUK: A great Walsall by the sea event today at #whg eating cakes, raising funds for #whg2024 Nepal charity project 8-) http://t.co… 42 minutes ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- The Friends of Sandfields Pumping Station
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
- Chasewater Strollers August 25, 2014 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
- Chasewater Craft & Farmers Market September 7, 2014 at 10:00 am – 3:00 pm Monthly craft & farmers market run by Bohemian Bunty http://br ownhillsbob.com/2014/04/17/new-craft-and-farmers-market-coming-soon-to-chas ewater/ https://www.facebook.com/events/663879640343062
Tag Archives: Teenage Cancer Trust
Following my post a few days ago where I shared the awful news that Gareth Perrins-Seedhouse had passed away, I received a lovely and very kind email from Mick Roseblade, a close friend of the family, who’s also asked me to publicise the arrangements for Gareth’s funeral.
Continue reading →
It is with great sadness and a large degree of personal grief that I must share the tragic news that Brownhills lad, Walsall Council Parks guy and top fundraiser Gareth Perrins-Seedhouse yesterday passed away following a tenacious and long fight with cancer.
Continue reading →
There’s an interesting, fun-looking event taking place this Sunday (25th May 2014) at Chase Watersports Centre, at Chasewater – it’s a twelve hour continuous waterski event in aid of the Stephen’s Story appeal for the Teenage Cancer Trust.
What to do – a great charity football match yesterday at Oak Park in Walsall Wood; two fine match reports by local footy stalwarts Bill Shaw and the young David Evans, plus some great photos by the latter – nothing for it but to run both.
Blimey, it’s all going on this afternoon – as well as other events advertised here, there’s a great charity football match taking place at the Walsall Wood FC ground, Oak Park – kicking off at 3pm, when Shire Oak Saints Under 18s face the Shire Oak All Stars.
Continue reading →
Blimey, it’s all going on this coming Sunday – as well as other events advertised here, there’s a great charity football match taking place at the Walsall Wood FC ground, Oak Park – kicking off at 3pm, when Shire Oak Saints Under 18s face the Shire Oak All Stars.
Continue reading →
Readers will remember that last week, I appealed for donations on behalf of Gareth Perrins-Seedhouse, a fellow Brownhills lad who, despite fighting cancer, is undertaking the Shenstone Fun Run next Sunday, 1st July 2012. It seems that Gareth’s story and … Continue reading →
I’ve been contacted by council officer, good friend and fellow Walsall Blogger Kate Goodall, who’s asked me to put the word out for a colleague and Brownhillian who’s raising money for the Young Person’s Cancer Unit at the Queen Elizabeth … Continue reading →