Because you’re free to read this blog
- November 26th - After the wet, grey and unpleasant morning, it... November 26, 2015
- November 26th - Spotted in a works bike rack, this fine steed. A... November 26, 2015
- November 26th - Yet another wet, miserable commute, and I feel I... November 26, 2015
- November 25th - Another good one for Bob’s big book of bizarre... November 25, 2015
- November 25th - Spotted on a damp Darlaston canal towpath just... November 25, 2015
- November 24th - Working very late, I returned sapped of mental... November 25, 2015
- November 23rd - it’s been a while coming this year, but a hard... November 24, 2015
- November 23rd - It was a bitterly cold morning - or at least, it... November 24, 2015
- November 22nd - A run around Brownhills and up to Chasewater on... November 23, 2015
- November 22nd - Time for a warning to local cyclists again.The... November 23, 2015
- November 21st - A late spin around Brownhills after a long day,... November 23, 2015
- November 20th - Spotted in Victoria Park, Darlaston, toadstools... November 23, 2015
Top Posts & Pages
- 2,783,897 hits
- 2014 2015 Accident Aldridge appeal away Baker Bond Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger crime Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy free freesheet Gazette Good of the Wood history home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos newspaper Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Tesco Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC Watling Street West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @ajrobinson75: The brownHILLS have eyes #LancashireFilmsorTV 2 hours ago
- RT @Classic_picx: British rock group The Stone Roses have announced they are to tour again. Pictured here in 2013. https://t.co/Ag5HTsPI6U 9 hours ago
- RT @IanDunt: For the record, any uni inviting Hopkins deserves to be embarrassed. You're not LBC. You're a centre of academic study. Have s… 9 hours ago
- And remember, most of all, I'm... https://t.co/PfomydhSCy 9 hours ago
- And that's because https://t.co/n6xJTYuqBO 9 hours ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Chasewater Strollers November 30, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, United Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://brownhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterstrollers
- Chasewater Strollers December 7, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, United Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://brownhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterstrollers
- Chasewater Strollers December 14, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, United Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://brownhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterstrollers
Tag Archives: Stonnall
Earlier this year, Desmond Burton contacted me to require if I’d post his research on the subject of a chap called Richard Anson, a Rushall lad who sadly gave his life in battle on the Somme in September 1916 – I was happy to do so, for it’s a fine, exemplary and fascinating piece of research.
Continue reading →
Long term readers will no doubt remember the fascinating and remarkable story of Arthur Burton, a local Great War hero, whose story was told by David Evans and Desmond Burton in the early days of this blog.
Continue reading →
Rightho – it’s Sunday, it’s summer (just about; the rain is getting warmer so it must be), so what could be more appropriate than an ice cream from the travelling ice cream man?
Continue reading →
I’m always keen to promote the work of other local historians here on the Brownhills Blog; we can never have too many voices in this thing and Clive Roberts, Walsall Wood historian and author is one of the nicest and most diligent of them all – his work on Walsall Wood and Shire Oak has been thorough, but understated, and from his emails to me, Clive is always working on something new of interest.
Continue reading →
Reder Peter has been in touch with an important appeal – the Scout group at St. Tomas’s Church in Lazy Hill, between Aldridge and Walsall Wood, needs volunteer leaders.
Here’s an urgent appeal for a lost cat that’s come in from reader Chris Wharton, who lives at the bottom of Sandhills on the Lichfield Road near Shore Oak – his beloved ginger and white puss Charlie went out this morning and hasn’t come home.
I’ve finally bought my own copy of Clive Roberts’ book ‘ Snippets of History In and around Walsall Wood’ which I review here today – I must say the 79 page £8 book is a cracker – and it’s available right now.