Because you’re free to read this blog
- May 2nd - How can grey days be so beautiful? It was awful... May 3, 2015
- May 2nd - I had the camera, this time - although the light was... May 3, 2015
- May 1st - Similarly, this poor phone photo of Fishpond Wood in... May 3, 2015
- May 1st - Like an idiot, I left my camera at home this morning.... May 3, 2015
- April 30th - I returned the same way, but the deer had moved on.... April 30, 2015
- April 30th - This was a shock - I cycled to work for a change up... April 30, 2015
- April 29th - To my surprise, I noted on my way home that local... April 30, 2015
- April 29th - I crossed Kings Hill Park on my way back from a... April 30, 2015
- April 29th - Bentley Bridge near Darlaston is the scene of a... April 30, 2015
- April 28th - I returned gingerly, saddlebag laden with Dhansak,... April 30, 2015
- April 28th - A frantic day, working late. I came home at sunset,... April 30, 2015
- April 27th - he was leaping after bugs in a field gateway in... April 28, 2015
Top Posts & Pages
- Out of ordure
- July 1994 - ￼Amazing feat in L.A. - but dragging feet in Clayhanger
- Minister, yes?
- Fault finding
- A wonderful charity football match today!
- Heroes and Villans
- Marching through the memories
- Aldridge Cinema - come see The Lego Movie this afternoon!
- Walsall Wood U18s beat Bilston Town at Oak Park
- Fun events at Chasewater this weekend!
- 2,264,341 hits
- 2013 2014 2015 Accident Aldridge appeal away Baker Bond Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy freesheet Gazette Good of the Wood history home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos newspaper Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Ravens Court Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Tesco Tesco Development Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall Police Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC Watling Street West Midlands Police Wildlife
- Note flowers darker, more delicate, hang from one side of stem http://t.co/0yAWIqjaSC 42 minutes ago
- Real English Bluebell for @HippoGriffinus http://t.co/kPQ55Lv8zF 43 minutes ago
- #365daysofbiking Green and grey: ift.tt/1GSpAhS 3 hours ago
- #365daysofbiking Spooked: ift.tt/1GHRsQH 3 hours ago
- #365daysofbiking Unjust: ift.tt/1dEY0ID 3 hours ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- The Friends of Sandfields Pumping Station
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
- Steve Reich – Radio Rewrite: I. Fast
- Steve Reich – Piano Counterpoint
- Steve Reich – Electric Counterpoint: III. Fast
- Steve Reich – Electric Counterpoint: II. Slow
- Steve Reich – Electric Counterpoint: I. Fast
- Talk Talk – Wealth - 1997 Remastered Version
- Talk Talk – I Believe In You - 1997 Remastered Version
- Talk Talk – Inheritance - 1997 Remastered Version
- Talk Talk – Desire
- Talk Talk – Eden - 1997 Remastered Version
- Chasewater Strollers May 11, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
- Chasewater Strollers May 18, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
- Chasewater Strollers May 25, 2015 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, Un ited Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers http://bro wnhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterst rollers
Tag Archives: steam engine
As I alluded yesterday when I featured the image of the Chasewater pump house, reader and friend of the blog Ruth Penrhyn-Lowe has been slaving over a warm scanner yet again to share with us some wonderful postcards from her late father’s personal collection, and all of these have a Chasetown theme.
Yesterday, I featured a fascinating analysis of a great picture of steam locomotive at Brownhills Station in the early part of last century, sent in by reader Ian Pell = the picture originated in a press release for the upcoming Walsall Local History Centre exhibition entitled Brownhills Past & Present.
Yesterday, I posted about a new exhibition coming to the Walsall Local History Centre on the subject of Brownhills Past & Present – Stuart Williams had supplied some really great images with the exhibition press release, one of them being of a steam locomotive at Brownhills Station from ‘the early 1900s’.