Because you’re free to read this blog
- January 30th - These images don’t look much, but click on... January 31, 2015
- January 30th - A long day. Out early, the commute was odd. I... January 31, 2015
- January 29th - I rode home in a heavy, but short snow shower,... January 30, 2015
- January 29th - I love goats, and it seems we have a local herd... January 30, 2015
- January 28th - And this is the thing with Darlaston - it takes... January 29, 2015
- January 28th - Bit of a rough photograph, for some reason, and I... January 29, 2015
- January 27th - Heading back to Brownhills, dusk now getting... January 28, 2015
- January 27th - It’s been over a year since I reported the... January 28, 2015
- January 26th - In the centre of Darlaston, at the other end of... January 27, 2015
- January 26th - Passing through Kings Hill in Darlaston whilst... January 27, 2015
- January 25th - This had turned into Lloyd Cole’s lost... January 26, 2015
- January 24th - Despite the gradual shift to white LED lights,... January 26, 2015
Top Posts & Pages
- Walsall Wood Tesco Express to close
- A message of thanks from Brian Stringer...
- Snow blind
- Party like its... 1998?
- Be alert - Vehicle vandalism incidents in Shire Oak
- Can you help Brian Stringer find bands for this year's canal festival?
- Ooh - it's snowing! Walsall Schools closure list...
- A lost line
- Manchester angel
- Walsall Wood's FA Vase hopse washed away by Aquaforce
- 2,039,171 hits
- 2013 2014 Accident Aldridge appeal away Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills common Brownhills local history Brownhills Market Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy Good of the Wood history home Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird mining New Photos Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Ravens Court Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Social media Staffordshire Stonnall Tesco Tesco Development The Plastic Hippo The YamYam Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall Police Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC Watling Street West Midlands Police Wildlife
- #365daysofbiking Feeling exposed: ift.tt/1vhWlAy 2 hours ago
- #365daysofbiking Strange weather lately: ift.tt/167XVty 2 hours ago
- RT @HippoGriffinus: View over Brownhills and Lichfield (just) from Humphries House. http://t.co/kuCwHvFZKd 3 hours ago
- RT @phil_bembridge: so this new tory mp for Brownhills/aldridge is from Yorkshire, never lived in my area her whole life. so much for local… 3 hours ago
- RT @johnb78: Excellent Facebooking, @guardian http://t.co/r7DwpWVdNG 3 hours ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- The Friends of Sandfields Pumping Station
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
- Vince Guaraldi – Cops and Robbers
- Vince Guaraldi – Little Birdie - Instrumental
- Vince Guaraldi – Charlie Brown's Wake-up
- Vince Guaraldi – There's Been a Change
- Vince Guaraldi – Heartburn Waltz
- Vince Guaraldi – Never Again
- Vince Guaraldi – Bus Me
- Vince Guaraldi – Woodstock's Dream
- Vince Guaraldi – Snoppy and Woodstock
- Vince Guaraldi – No Body Else - Bonus Track
No upcoming events
Tag Archives: Station
Thanks to Twitter cycling whizz and all round top guy @WolvesOnWheels who tipped me off last week, there’s a Facebook group that’s been featuring a lot of Brownhills, Walsall Wood and Pelsall railway photographs lately, posted by Si Swain.
I’m going to share here an absolutely astounding image donated by Brownhills Local History researcher in exile Gerald Reece, which is sure to create some debate – I’m going to be brief, as I feel it’s best.
Here’s another great instalment from the series I started a couple of months ago, chronicling the memories of Walsall Wood lady Audrey Proffitt, carefully and faithfully transcribed by reader and Walsall Wood correspondent David Evans.
Here’s another great instalment from the series I started a couple of months ago, chronicling the memories of Walsall Wood lady Audrey Proffitt, carefully and faithfully transcribed by reader and Walsall Wood correspondent David Evans. Continue reading
Yesterday, I featured a fascinating analysis of a great picture of steam locomotive at Brownhills Station in the early part of last century, sent in by reader Ian Pell = the picture originated in a press release for the upcoming Walsall Local History Centre exhibition entitled Brownhills Past & Present.